White Korina jazzmaster

teleme01

This one should be a learning experience, 5 lbs
Jazzmaster® Guitar BodyConstructionSolidCore WoodWhite KorinaBody UpgradesMulti-Piece for Solid ColorsRight / Left HandedRight-HandedControl CavityTop RoutNeck Pickup RoutStandard Jazzmaster®Bridge Pickup RoutStandard Jazzmaster®Jack Rout7/8" (22mm) Side Jack HoleBridge Rout TypeTremoloBridge RoutJazzmaster Tremolo w/ Jazzmaster BridgeMounting HolesStandard 4-BoltNeck Pocket ShapeStrat®Body ContoursForearm Contour, Tummy CutPaint CategoryNo PaintJM-1618
Solid-Colored Finish Recommended. If any other finish is selected, this item will be non-cancellable and non-returnable.

Attachments

• 20240123_143052.jpg
    20240123_143052.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I already have pickups, necks are fungible, I don't yet have wiring or bridge I'm thinking red transparent , won't start on this one till later.

I ordered the Birchwood Casey true oil and I also got some mixol red pigment. Couple of questions 1. Will true oil look good on white Korina and 2. Can I mix the red pigment with gun oil? Thanks for your advice

1. Yes
2. It may be possible, but I suggest testing with a sample of the tru-oil in a plastic container and then testing it on scrap wood.

Though, build up some layers of tru-oil first on the body before experimenting with things added to it. The tru-oil on its own should be sufficient.

Furthermore, any cloths or paper you use with tru-oil you must put them on a non-flammable surface flat after use and let them fully dry before disposing of them. This is to avoid fire risk. Crumpled or folded rags with tru-oil can combust.

It was in the notes, but painting the body voids it anyway and I'm not sending it back, it would be stupid for me to want my $50 back. (Insert smiley face here)

Hard to get a good picture of the front, started with red pigment 2 coats ago, cant see much of a tint on this one, still using the tru oil and mineral spirits. H20240204_213147.jpg20240204_213011.jpg

Attachments

• 20240204_213011.jpg
    20240204_213011.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 20
I'm working on this one slowly, now looking at bridges, any suggestions of pound for the dollar, best buy for the money, suggestions for jazzmaster bridge? Also the wood spoke to me and its not going to be red

I'm working on this one slowly, now looking at bridges, any suggestions of pound for the dollar, best buy for the money, suggestions for jazzmaster bridge? Also the wood spoke to me and its not going to be red
What fretboard radius neck are going to use? A lot of JM bridges are made for 9.5" radius. If you're going with a wider/compound radius that will limit the options

The Staytrem bridge gets a lot of praise in the offset community for being nicer than most but not crazy expensive. 9.5" or 7.25" radius

The Fender Am Pro JM bridge gets good marks too but is also only 9.5" radius

Warmoth's "Modified Mustang" might be the best affordable option for adjustable radius

On my JM build I used a (pricey but beautifully made) Descendent "Universal Companion" bridge

Also, I like the idea of not going red on the body (y)

I am using a standard warmoth 10-16 radius, thanks for your post, never owned a jazzmaster and didn't know about the radius issue,. In my spare parts I have a golden age roller bridge from stewmac and was hoping I could use it. And I'm torn between the tremolo and a hard tail. Vandyke has a hard tail available

Back