Let’s do another Steve Morse inspired build!

What are you using for conversion? My understanding is the Rolands and Yamaha G-50 (which I have) don't do piezo.

The Hexpander preamp takes the Piezo signal and outputs it via 13 pin. Also on Rolands such as GR55 and others there is a setting for what type of pickup you are using so you can dial it in for sensitivity etc.

Yes, you can't plug a ghost into anything 13 pin without it. I was specifically talking about the MIDI conversion.

Yes, you can't plug a ghost into anything 13 pin without it. I was specifically talking about the MIDI conversion.

There is no MIDI conversion going on in a guitar with a Hexpander or Hex pickup, any conversion to MIDI occurs in a unit such as the GR55 and is only needed if you are then going to communicate to another synth for example. But this probably belongs in a separate thread or the VGuitars forum.

I know this and have not said anything that would imply it is happening in the hexpander. I have a ghost setup hexpander and a G-50 it doesn't work with. I ran out of patience and money for that part of the project long ago. These days it sounds like everyone just goes with the Fishman as its a superior conversion process. It's a shame it isn't available as an internal device.

IMG_2024-01-01-163351.png
Not for nothing, but Steve is using a GK-3 in the Beato interview from this week.

I’ve been messing with the neck in the background. I sanded it to 1500grit, applied two coats of tru oil with a buff of #0000 in between. Then a thin coat of gunstock wax. Feels fantastic.

I also installed the Schallers and leveled the frets, then cleaned the fretboard and treated it with lemon oil.

On the body side, I filed a notch for the truss wheel using a half round file that was basically the perfect width.

IMG_2024-01-01-164713.jpeg

I know this and have not said anything that would imply it is happening in the hexpander. I have a ghost setup hexpander and a G-50 it doesn't work with. I ran out of patience and money for that part of the project long ago. These days it sounds like everyone just goes with the Fishman as its a superior conversion process. It's a shame it isn't available as an internal device.

What you have said is that you keep referring to MIDI guitar, which, regardless of whether it being a Ghost and Hexpander to 13 pin or Roland GK Hex type pickup, it is not a MIDI guitar. It is incorrect nomenclature. Not everyone is using the Fishman system. Whatever system you use as you have found out compatibility matters.

Back