Resolution 2024

teleme01

ItemsQtyPrice
Thinline Guitar Body
SKU: T-8123
ConstructionHollowCore WoodSwamp AshLam Top WoodSwamp AshRight / Left HandedRight-HandedControl CavityTele®-Style Top RoutNeck Pickup RoutTele®Middle Pickup RoutCharlie ChristianBridge Pickup RoutTele®Jack Rout7/8" (22mm) Side Jack HoleBridge Rout TypeHardtailBridge RoutVintage Telecaster®Mounting HolesStandard 4-BoltNeck Pocket ShapeTele®Binding and Edge DecorationsNonePaint CategoryNo Paint

VideoCapture_20231226-210635.jpg

Guitar String Ferrule
SKU: GSF1C
6$0.84
Tele® Replacement Neck
SKU: TN-16518
ConstructionGibson® Scale ConversionShaft WoodRoasted MapleFretboard WoodIndian RosewoodNut Width1.650" (42mm) - Vintage MediumRight / Left HandedRight-HandedNeck Back ProfileStandard ThinFretboard Radius10" - 16" CompoundNumber of Frets22Fret Size & MaterialSS6105 - Narrow & Tall (Stainless)Tuner Hole SizeSchaller/Modern Fender/Sperzel (25/64")Inlay ShapeStandard DotsInlay MaterialCreamSide DotsWhite Side DotsString NutEarvana Nut - Black CorianMounting HolesStandard 4-BoltNeck Heel ShapeTele® ShapeFinishNone

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20231226-212058.jpg
    VideoCapture_20231226-212058.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 17
I have 2 sets of porter t90s , however, as obviously visible, I have a middle pickup Charlie christian route. A question about wiring, can you wire as a straight tele with an added les Paul toggle for cc / cc + tele, tele or would ibe better off buying the 7way harness?

Not familiar with t90s nor have i ever wired a cc pickup. Assuming these are single coils I'd get a Freeway 3b3 switch and wire it for b, b+n, n, n+m, m, and m+b. 1 vol, 1 tone.

Last edited:
I have 2 sets of porter t90s , however, as obviously visible, I have a middle pickup Charlie christian route. A question about wiring, can you wire as a straight tele with an added les Paul toggle for cc / cc + tele, tele or would ibe better off buying the 7way harness?
The LP toggle is perfect for that wiring solution. Wire the hot lead from the 3 way switch to one side of the switch, the CC to the other, and the middle lugs get soldered together and run to the input lug of the volume pot.

Today I won the auction and am now going to be owning a set of porter modern jazzmaster pickups. Crazy, I don't have anything routed for that , but I do have a route for the charlie christian pickup. So long story short, can a jazzmaster be mounted in the cc route or would the depth create a problem, ?

@Rick thanks for sharing your build, can I ask you where you got your harness, that looks exactly what I'm looking for, being experienced can you tell me your pros and cons.

First of all, I love it, but not intuitive. The Freeway switches make more sense. I bought it at 920d Sigler before they sold out and now only use Chinese parts.
Now I only go to their website to get ideas, not to buy anything.
The pro is having all those options and the ability to kick on the series option. The only con is its hard to remember which option does what. Thats why I like the Freeway switch, they make sense. The minihumbucker is awesome and the Bridge pup Excellent. I would go with a hotter middle pup if I were doing it again, but it's nice enough as it is so I don't have a reason to change.
10 year's ago you call the Sigler people and they'd change things for you, the only time I'd buy from them now would be if they Custom made something for me. You could tell them what you want, like dimarzio PUPS, cts pots, Freeway switch and see if they'd make it for you, but don't buy anything stock. The parts are too cheapy.

The money is when the series option is kicked in.

Last edited:
Today I am looking for a telecaster bridge, I'm going gotoh unless you can tell me why not. Seems there are 3 x 6 saddle bridge? I understand the difference in gtc202 steel and gtc201 brass but I'm not sure what the standard or modern, like sold by stewmac and warmoth, is. Prices vary between sellers. Never mind, warmoth sells the gtc 201, brass saddle, I answered my own question.

Last edited:
Ist day of dying * the boss says she wants me to do this one black, the minority, me, would like to add some yellow

Attachments

• 20240110_183147_1.gif
    20240110_183147_1.gif
    630.1 KB · Views: 12
Back