VIP Gonna take a while on this one but couldn't let em slip away.

Surf n Music

So here is the neck I got on order. It is gonna be cut to a warhead.
Style: Stratocaster®
Construction: Modern Construction
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: Bocote
Fingerboard Wood: Ebony (Macassar)
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: SS6115 (Stainless)
Tuner Ream: Schaller (25/64" 11/32")
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Scale: 25-1/2"
Fret #: 22
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Pre-Cut Installed String Nut: Black Corian - Standard Nut
Inlays: No Inlay
Side Dots: White Side Dots
SN18401a.jpg

SN18401b.jpg

Here is the body. I resisted for 2 weeks I think. Worried that someone would snag her the whole time  :toothy11:
Model: Chambered Carved Top VIP
Orientation: Right handed
F-Holes: None
Scale: 25-1/2"
Wood: Black Korina on Black Korina
Rout: Rear Rout
Pickup Rout: Humbucker (Neck), None (Middle), Humbucker (Brdg)
Controls: V-T-Tog (PRS)
Bridge: Gotoh 510, Angled Pocket
Stud Install: No Stud Install
Jack Rout: 3/4" (19mm) Side Jack Hole
Neck Pocket: Strat® Shape
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Contours: Contoured Heel / Tummy Cut
Binding: Black Binding
Top Finish: Brown to Clear Burst
Back Finish: Transparent Brown
VIPP249a.jpg
VIPP249b.jpg

What color hardware? I have black 3+3 Schaller Mini Lockers to sell.  Installed strung up, then removed for a hw color change.

fdesalvo said:
What color hardware? I have black 3+3 Schaller Mini Lockers to sell.  Installed strung up, then removed for a hw color change.

Thanks guys.

Hey Frank thanks, I am thinking of saving up and getting some ruthenium from schaller. It is like a smokey grey. Thought it might look good.
BL_Schaller_Ruthenium_08.jpg

Those Ruthenium parts do look good. I've been wanting to do a full hardware setup with that stuff for years. Problem is, they're next to impossible to get, then they're expensive.  I think I've only seen one builder use them, and he had to jump through hoops all the way to Germany to get them.

Cagey said:
Those Ruthenium parts do look good. I've been wanting to do a full hardware setup with that stuff for years. Problem is, they're next to impossible to get, then they're expensive.  I think I've only seen one builder use them, and he had to jump through hoops all the way to Germany to get them.

I ordered the bridge on my strat from schaller. They have a place where you can log in and order direct on their site. I think it took about 3 or 4 weeks to get. I put togater a package and see how much it will cost. The only thing they don't have are neck plates, but I think a black one from DR6 will do allright.

Cagey said:
Where did you find that log-in?

So from this page you can register an account. Then while your logged you can browse different parts and click on em to add them to your basket.

http://guitar-parts.biz/hp291835/Schaller-Shop.htm?ITServ=Cb8ff9bdX15049da59b1X7d86

Don't know if I'm doing you a favor by telling you  :laughing7:

Excellent. Thank you. I'm registered now.

Seems strange that they'd have dealers in nearly every country on the planet except the one with the largest market. Their dealer arrangement must be brutal.

Cagey said:
Excellent. Thank you. I'm registered now.

Seems strange that they'd have dealers in nearly every country on the planet except the one with the largest market. Their dealer arrangement must be brutal.

I thought the same. They have a big ol list and were not on it. They ship with DHL for 10 euros. Oh and you can pay with paypal. Last time they didn't give me a conformation of  shipment. When I contacted them they said it shipped you will get it. No number for tracking haha. But sure enough a few weeks later it came.

Meh. LOL Just kidding. That's going to be an awesome axe Surf. Nice score(s).

MikeW said:
Meh. LOL Just kidding. That's going to be an awesome axe Surf. Nice score(s).

Haha Thanks Mike. This dam addiction! This is the last one for a good while  :toothy10:

Yep - dig the Ruthenium finish!  Perfect to tone down the contrast of Chrome over a clear wood finish.

fdesalvo said:
Yep - dig the Ruthenium finish!  Perfect to tone down the contrast of Chrome over a clear wood finish.

Thanks Frank! I was going for that. Gotta save some more pennies before I can put it on order. I'm happy that I locked down the body and neck though.

Back