VIP Gonna take a while on this one but couldn't let em slip away.

Verne Bunsen said:
Is the neck pocket clean? A bit of finish accumulated in the pocket can wreak havoc with neck angle. In this case I'd be looking for finish on the back wall and in the corners that might be preventing the neck from seating fully.
I'll second that. My Tele had a factory installed shim to align the neck. I took a chisel and used it as a scraper to remove the factory painted over sawdust and roughness in the bottom corners of the neck pocket. That done, it didn't need a shim anymore. It aligned perfectly. To be fair, this wasn't a Fender. It was a Fujigen-made Tele from the couple of years prior to them being contracted to make Fenders.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The pocket is clean. Nothing fishy, just clean wood with the Warmoth stamp. In the end it is not a big deal. I would have liked it to all bolt together tight and clean but that is not the case. It can be playable but ascetically I don't like the look of it. I want everything tight to the body.  I'll get the right tools and do it right.

Surf n Music said:
amigarobbo said:
I was thinking of getting some of that Schiller hardware, does the output jack plate look like it could be bent to give a stronger curve?

It feels pretty solid. I'm thinking if you screwed it to and curved surface it would bend to it. Not a 100% on that though. It has a perfect curve already for the VIP body.

003_9.jpg

001_6.jpg

Thanks for that, it should be close enough for my Custom T,

ADAE8328-D2A1-4002-AC68-417DD07774CC_zps22pdegpp.jpg

that reminds me I really must chase up that order.

Back