VIP Gonna take a while on this one but couldn't let em slip away.

stratamania said:
Look forward to seeing your number 5.

Thanks Bruddah! This is #4 although I'm looking forward to #5 too  :laughing7: Although I did rework my #1 so maybe that counts as 4. I'm thinking this will complete my collection. A tele, a strat with single coils, one with humbuckers and I think I'm putting P90's in this one. Hopefully this will calm my addiction  :icon_biggrin:

My bad,  I counted 4 in your signature but of course one of them shows twice in different guises.

At least I've got you thinking past 4  :eek:ccasion14:

This is a great project.  :hello2: So how are you liking the Bocote from your previous neck change in terms of tone and playability? This one is going to be a stunner as well. It's probably alright that this one will slow you down a bit for awhile, keep us posted. Great find on the Schaller's, I gotta say the one guitar I have Schallers on, it's got to be like driving a Ferrari to turn those babies. Just nice.

@Nicos, Thanks Brotha!

@Music, I love that new neck. I have had it a little more then a month now. I probably got about 40hours of play time on it. One thing that I notice is the satin finish is now pretty glossy. No big deal but it is now shinny. As far as tone I changed the pickups too so it is a bit different but hard to say what effected it most. I love it. The Jazz neck and P.A.F. bridge is a good combo I think. The jazz is super clean. I think the name is pretty accurate.  As far as feel it is almost as slippery as ebony. Way denser then my rosewood board. I think it will make one slick neck with the Burnishing! I'll keep ya posted on progress. Just ordered a set of bare knuckle Humbucker size p90's. A Manhattan for the neck and a Blue Note for the bridge. We'll see how it plays out. 

Well she came today  :icon_biggrin:. I am stoked, thinking they are pairing up nicely.
007_4.jpg

Also found a neck plate to match Schallers ruthenium finish. I'm liking it.
004_7.jpg

005_6.jpg

003_6.jpg

Really can't be looking at this right now. Between this and that honeyburst Telebastard, it's enough to make a devout worshipper at the church of solid/metallic/candy finishes turn to the other side.

Seriously though, that's gorgeous - can't go far wrong with brown to clear (or tobacco burst) on BK. The back of the body is unusually nice too.

Thanks guys. I am happy!

@Fat Pete, this is the first guitar I have bought with pretty wood. I like the solid colors too. Although the Orange tele I built has some striking contrast in the grain. This one really caught my eye though. Being a VIP I figured pretty wood could be good  :icon_biggrin:

@Frank, you ain't doing to shabby yourself  :headbang:

@Strat, thanks bruddah! I think so too.

Surf n Music said:
stratamania said:

Thanks Bruddah! This is #4 although I'm looking forward to #5 too  :laughing7: Although I did rework my #1 so maybe that counts as 4. I'm thinking this will complete my collection. A tele, a strat with single coils, one with humbuckers and I think I'm putting P90's in this one. Hopefully this will calm my addiction  :icon_biggrin:

A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Lovely body + neck, and they look great together! I look forward to seeing how your build goes.

Recently bought a similar body (chambered JM in BK on BK, tobacco burst finish), have ordered some hardware (Mastery bridge + trem) and pups (Novaks) but am stuck on the neck.

Great Ape said:
Surf n Music said:
stratamania said:

A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Its not polite to laugh at people who have problems  :laughing7: Hhahahahah

Glimmer said:
Lovely body + neck, and they look great together! I look forward to seeing how your build goes.

Recently bought a similar body (chambered JM in BK on BK, tobacco burst finish), have ordered some hardware (Mastery bridge + trem) and pups (Novaks) but am stuck on the neck.

It is tough to figure out sometimes. In this case I had been eyeing that neck for awhile. When that VIP body came up in the showcase I I thought that is it! That JM sounds like a beaut! You got pics posted? I wanna see  :)

Surf n Music said:
That JM sounds like a beaut! You got pics posted? I wanna see  :)

Here are front and back pics:

JMP719D.jpg

JMP719B.jpg

Had originally thought of going w/a GA / Macassar ebony neck but am also consider a vintage/modern hog/Macassar ebony. Decisions decisions!

That is a beaut! Tough decision. Either one is gonna look great I'm thinking. Life is so tough sometimes  :laughing11:. The problems we face haha. Nice score.

Wow Surf. Gorgeous stuff there. I think this is going to be the best looking of your collection for sure. Nice job man! Looking forward to seeing this one come together.

Back