P90 Tele - Take 2!

Finally made some decisions :)

Now I just need the body and neck to arrive. A few folks on the Warmoth Facebook page have started receiving orders from early October, so hopefully it wont be much longer (placed my order 10/25). Side note - these new Gotoh 510FX-6 bridges look great!
Capture.PNG

Doh! Looks like I need long shaft pots, and a taller toggle for the rear route. First build problems I guess...

Doh! Looks like I need long shaft pots, and a taller toggle for the rear route. First build problems I guess...
I dunno, as long as they are not vintage 1/4" pots 3/8" should work fine. I just used CTS 3/8 pots for a velocity body and there was plenty of height and thread available.

I dunno, as long as they are not vintage 1/4" pots 3/8" should work fine. I just used CTS 3/8 pots for a velocity body and there was plenty of height and thread available.

I think the issue issue is the shafts literally aren't long enough. I bought a wiring kit from Stewmac, but didn't notice that..Oh well.. I just contacted Warmoth, and they confirmed the issue. Looks like I'm waiting another couple of days for the new parts to arrive

7.PNG

Last edited:

Yeah ... I learned that lesson the hard way, too! The rear route will need long shaft pots.

Not sure about the "taller" toggle, though. I put one of these in my Diamondback with no problems ...

The "Short" version actually has a longer thread length than the "Tall".

1706931146610.jpeg

Yeah ... I learned that lesson the hard way, too! The rear route will need long shaft pots.

Not sure about the "taller" toggle, though. I put one of these in my Diamondback with no problems ...

View attachment 61187
Ahh I think the issue is the nut and washer the switch came with. I swapped that, and it fits fine 🤷

View attachment 61187
Beautiful guitar by the way. is that a warmoth finish?

Ahh I think the issue is the nut and washer the switch came with. I swapped that, and it fits fine 🤷
The recessed style top nut is the way to go, I think.

Beautiful guitar by the way. is that a warmoth finish?
Yes, it is. It's supposed to be metallic black/red/yellow burst. However, it appears to be more towards the black/red/brown/gold side to me. Whatever it is, it's truly magnificent in the right light. Whoever painted it has some serious skills! I got an incredible "Screaming Deal" on the body - $280.00! The paint job alone would normally cost $310.00.

Anyway, you have a very nice guitar project going on there! 😎

Coming along. Hit a small snag mounting a P90, and stripped a screw. Unfortunately I found the screw driver I needed 1.3 seconds after this occured.

Any tips for getting this guy out?

Attachments

• C1.JPG
    C1.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 17
  • C2.JPG
    C2.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 17
How do you like the Gotoh Bridge? Do they fit the american std rout? I'll probably use it on my next project.

Never had that problem with pickup screws. Had it with other projects. Either i pushed down the surrounding material and cut the head off with a dremel, then twisted it with a pair of pliers, like I was unscrewing it, or just grabbed the head with pliers and unscrewed it out. Man that's a pain.

Last edited:
Yeah! It's a slick bridge and a drop in fit for the american std route. Will report back once I get the build / set up complete, but yeah it's a nice bridge

Back