P90 Tele - Take 2!

EZ out
Or drill a hole and put another self tapping screw in it witch Loc Tite. Let it sit for a whole. Then see if you can back out the whole thing.

I tried that self tapping screw but I got it to work only on big screws.

How do you like the Gotoh Bridge? Do they fit the american std rout? I'll probably use it on my next project.

Never had that problem with pickup screws. Had it with other projects. Either i pushed down the surrounding material and cut the head off with a dremel, then twisted it with a pair of pliers, like I was unscrewing it, or just grabbed the head with pliers and unscrewed it out. Man that's a pain.
Crisis averted with the screw. The obvious pliers did the trick. Thanks for the suggestion

Didn’t mow if there enough to grab onto there. Replace both as they are both buggered. Sure your pilot hole is the correct size?

Yep, make sure your pilot hole is big enough, wax up the screw tip, also, now that you have the hole in perfect spot test fit before screwing in the pup.

Got everything mounted, but hit another issue after wiring. If I tap the pole piece with a screwdriver, the only sound I get from the neck pick up, and it's similar to the sound you get when tapping an input cable.

I followed the two pickup + two pot + toggle schematic from stewmac.. did I make a mistake somewhere? Any trouble shooting suggestions?

Attachments

• PXL_20240224_174252084.jpg
    PXL_20240224_174252084.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20240224_174218054.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240224_174218054.MP.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20240224_174322592.jpg
    PXL_20240224_174322592.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 14
Got everything mounted, but hit another issue after wiring. If I tap the pole piece with a screwdriver, the only sound I get from the neck pick up, and it's similar to the sound you get when tapping an input cable.

I followed the two pickup + two pot + toggle schematic from stewmac.. did I make a mistake somewhere? Any trouble shooting suggestions?
Are any of the grounding mesh bits from pickups to switch etc touching anything and grounding it out?

Are any of the grounding mesh bits from pickups to switch etc touching anything and grounding it out?
Ahhh you know what, that may be the issue...first time using pickups with the braided wire, and wasn't really cautious about that!

Well that's just beautiful. Congratulations on a lovely axe. And more importantly, congratulations on your new son!

Waiting on a similar body!

SKU: GB-T

ConstructionChambered Core WoodMahogany Lam Top WoodSwamp Ash Right / Left HandedRight-Handed Control CavityRear Rout Neck Pickup RoutP90 24 Fret RepositionNo Middle Pickup RoutNone Bridge Pickup RoutP90 F-Holes1 F-Hole Control LayoutLP Controls ControlsVolume 1, Volume 2, Tone 1, Tone 2, Upper Toggle Hole Jack Rout7/8" (22mm) Side Jack Hole Bridge Rout TypeHardtail Bridge RoutVintage Strat® Flat Mount Mounting HolesStandard 4-Bolt Neck Pocket ShapeTele® Body ContoursCustom Forearm Contour Binding and Edge DecorationsCream Binding (Drop Top) Battery BoxNone Paint CategorySolid Top ColorBlack Back Color**Clear** Satin or GlossGloss

Back