Green Paisley B-Bender Tele

mayfly said:
DangerousR6 said:
Sounds bitchin' there mayfly, but canary!    I kinda thought the rosewood fit a bit better.... :dontknow:

Still as you say should be one damn fine guitar.  BTW, I really haven't found a nice paisley design for a plate. If you happen to run across something you like, shoot it my way via email. Or you might try a good close up of the paper you have and maybe I can work off of that...

Yea, I was going back and forth between rosewood and canary - I even did photoshop mockups and carried the printout around with me just to look at.

In the end it was kind of a coin toss, with a nod to the tone I wanted.  BTW, I selected a particular fingerboard - I'll figure out how to post the photo.

Regarding the paisley - I'll get something groovy for ya to work from :headbang1:
Now that's some intense contemplating. Keeping a print out with you to help decide....Nothing against canary, I think it's beautiful stuff. Got a fingerboard of my own in canary sitting here waiting for my next project. But I gotta finish the spalted tele first... :icon_biggrin:

mayfly said:
Update:

Just ordered the neck:

warmoth pro, boat, 1 11/16, canary/canary, p/w tuners, black dots, 6105 frets and a graphtec nut cut and installed.

You know, this is gonna be one damn fine guitar!
The all canary is going to be sweet, but I'm obviously biased  :glasses9:

As far as that paisley for the neckplate goes, would this be too intricate?

Blue313 said:
mayfly said:
Update:

Just ordered the neck:

warmoth pro, boat, 1 11/16, canary/canary, p/w tuners, black dots, 6105 frets and a graphtec nut cut and installed.

You know, this is gonna be one damn fine guitar!
The all canary is going to be sweet, but I'm obviously biased  :glasses9:

As far as that paisley for the neckplate goes, would this be too intricate?
That might be doable... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
But I gotta finish the spalted tele first... :icon_biggrin:
You'd better. Soon.
I want to see that thing done, man. This board helped  me see spalt wasn't always ugly :p

Pub night is off tonight.

so here we go again...

n527102111_2370630_6999918.jpg

n527102111_2370631_2589093.jpg

n527102111_2370632_182781.jpg

n527102111_2370634_7704676.jpg

n527102111_2370635_2662020.jpg

More notes:

1 - don't let that glue build up in spots - you'll get humps and bumps.  I solved this by making pin-holes to let some of the glue out.  Also, as this particular glue dries, it shrinks a lot - that should help
2 - cutting when the glue is too wet tears the paper
3 - keep that razor sharp sharp!
4 - there are a bunch of imperfections that you don't see in the photos.  Either these will drive me crazy, or I can not let them bother me.  I'm going with the latter.
5 - when you are making something that Tonar will work with, it makes you have a much higher attention to detail than you would have had otherwise  :icon_thumright:

You know, I just noticed that being green, that stuff looks... kinda organic, like, kinda SPERMOID, in a fractal sort of way. Better stay away from the LSD or those little guys are gonna start crawling around right in the middle of "Peggy Sue." :eek:

Max, do you know how hard it is to look at that picture and concentrate at looking at the whole thing to try and make it seem as if the picture isn't moving?

Really hard. I got a headache.

Awesome work on the Tele!

Alfang said:
Max, where'd you find that? I'd like that in a wall paper
It comes in a poster. The receptionist where dad works has one on the wall behind her. Whenever I have to help dad out at work I spend a good 5 minutes looking at that, then my eyes hurt.

Max! What are you doing????  :dontknow:

That image hurts mate..... I need a lie down after viewing that. :toothy12:

I was thinking that if you want some sort of paisley design on a neck plate, perhaps something in black and white would be a good place to start.
http://www.google.com/images?q=black+and+white+paisley&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS294US294

Yep - I'm also thinking just one paisley in the middle of the plate.  Essentially just a traced outline - maybe some detail in the middle, but not much.

Back