Green Paisley B-Bender Tele

stubhead said:
Hey - I think you were supposed to put the paper on the front.... :icon_scratch:

Oh crap!  you're right!!!!  :icon_jokercolor:

Seriously, the paper goes front and back  :eek:ccasion14:

A little update.  Turns out that it's possible to sand the edge of the paper and get it pretty smooth. This is good because there's a bit of glue on the edges that needs to be leveled as well.  My plan is to get the back pretty good, then do the front.

More later,

M

Mayfly,

Im jonesin' for some more pics!!! :headbang:

this guy used fabric instead of wallpaper.
http://www.diyguitarist.com/Guitars/SuperStrat.htm

Brian

Oooooh, I didn't know you could use fabric... there is a fabric store near me that has about a million cotton prints that are fantastic.  They must have 100 different patterns in the Japanese samurai style area alone.  A lot of it has metallic color lines over the regular color, which really makes the artwork pop and just looks cool.  Now every time I go there I'm going to envision them all on guitars.

bpmorton777 said:
Mayfly,

Im jonesin' for some more pics!!! :headbang:

Brian

Nothing will be happening for awhile: tonight is rehearsal, then tomorrow some friends of ours come back from India so we're meeting at the pub, then saturday my wife and I are dropping the boy off at the bass player's house for a sleepover - and we're having a date at a posh B&B!!  :hello2:

I likely will do the front on sunday.  Stay tuned....    :guitaristgif:

"Oooooh, I didn't know you could use fabric..."

Current W endorsee Warner Hodges used to have an ESP tele covered in flannel pajama fabric with a cowboy motif. The guitar was referred to as Cowboy Bob, if I recall correctly.

stubhead said:
Are you going to glue a kimono over your blue guitar?

Heeeeellllllllll no.  But if someone ever gives me an ugly bass body again, I know how I'm going to finish it. 

Update:

Just ordered the neck:

warmoth pro, boat, 1 11/16, canary/canary, p/w tuners, black dots, 6105 frets and a graphtec nut cut and installed.

You know, this is gonna be one damn fine guitar!

mayfly said:
Update:

Just ordered the neck:

warmoth pro, boat, 1 11/16, canary/canary, p/w tuners, black dots, 6105 frets and a graphtec nut cut and installed.

You know, this is gonna be one damn fine guitar!
Sounds bitchin' there mayfly, but canary!    I kinda thought the rosewood fit a bit better.... :dontknow:

Still as you say should be one damn fine guitar.  BTW, I really haven't found a nice paisley design for a plate. If you happen to run across something you like, shoot it my way via email. Or you might try a good close up of the paper you have and maybe I can work off of that...

DangerousR6 said:
Sounds bitchin' there mayfly, but canary!    I kinda thought the rosewood fit a bit better.... :dontknow:

Still as you say should be one damn fine guitar.  BTW, I really haven't found a nice paisley design for a plate. If you happen to run across something you like, shoot it my way via email. Or you might try a good close up of the paper you have and maybe I can work off of that...

Yea, I was going back and forth between rosewood and canary - I even did photoshop mockups and carried the printout around with me just to look at.

In the end it was kind of a coin toss, with a nod to the tone I wanted.  BTW, I selected a particular fingerboard - I'll figure out how to post the photo.

Regarding the paisley - I'll get something groovy for ya to work from :headbang1:

Back