Parting out the 8-ball b-bender tele

mayfly

Epic Member
Hi Folks,

Time has come to thin the herd.  Because of this I'm parting out my warmoth '8-ball' tele, with Parsons/Green b-bender.  Specifically I'm selling the body, bender, pickguard, neckplate and bridge.  Going to keep the pickups, control plate, and neck for the time being; they are not part of the package.

The body is a special 'one of a kind' (or is that two of a kind?) black warmoth body with a white '8' factory painted on the upper bout - kinda makes it look like an 8-ball.  The paint is pretty spectacular actually.  The body was routed for a b-bender, and the hipshot parsons/green bender was installed.  The bridge is a Joe Bardon traditional bridge but with compensated brass saddles.  The b string notch was cut so that the string can slide with no friction.  Also included is the white pickguard and special one of a kind (really this time) Dangerous Doug custom 8-ball neck plate.  Who can resist this package?

Well, there is a down side.  This guitar was originally built as a non-bender instrument.  As such there is a hole drilled in for the front strap pin (now just a hole).  To make matters worse, the string ferrules were removed when the bender hole was routed and the <ahem> person who did it chipped the paint on the back during removal.  Yes, it was me.  Please note these blemishes on the attached photos.

So how much for this body/bender/bridge/pickguard/neckplate package?  Well, originally the body was about $500, the bender around $400, and the bridge $65.  Can't remember how much Doug charged me for the neckplate.  Add all that and it's around $965.  BUT! because everything is obviously used and the paint has obvious blemishes I've divided that by two.  Yep $480 gets it.  Please note that the neck, pickups, and control plate are NOT included.  I can part it out further by request, but it kinda all works together (body needs the bender, the bridge has the b-string notch, and the neckplate has an 8-ball on it).

PM me if there is interest.  Buyer pays shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_3269.jpg
    IMG_3269.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3270.jpg
    IMG_3270.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_3271.jpg
    IMG_3271.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_3272.jpg
    IMG_3272.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_3273.jpg
    IMG_3273.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_3274.jpg
    IMG_3274.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 296
I have no idea what I'd do with a B-bender, but it seems like I should have one. Unfortunately, I'm financially embarrassed at the moment so I'll have to pass. Good deal for someone, though.

Ironically I'm keeping the neck to put on kashmir so I can send kashmir's neck to you for a re-fret.  :)

No I haven't yet told you about this little plan  :icon_biggrin:

I'll certainly look forward to that. Seems a bit early for frets for that guitar, though. Did you not use stainless, or are you putting 12 hour days on the thing?

It's got regular frets.  and I do play it a fair amount - enough to wear out the paisley where I rest my hand on it while playing...

You guys ought to barter the fretwork for the guitar.  I'm sure Mayfly has other items he could send Cagey's way to even up the deal.

It is a killer deal for a bender body.

I'd have to be the one coming up with deal sweeteners. I don't charge that much for re-fretting!  :laughing7:

Besides, like I said, I have no idea what I'd do with a B-bender.

I sure hope you get more than my "gee i wonder what a bender is like" price. Neither one of us needs that to happen.

Back