Green and purple goblin

Thanks for the kind words everyone!  I'm very happy how it all came together.  :bananaguitar:

ragamuffin said:
Oh man, I didn't think I would like this build, but that is awesome!
Honestly, I was quite worried for the 8 weeks between ordering and seeing everything assembled.  The mockup looked good but you just never know...

Jebberz said:
I want the same with 4 strings and a 30 inch scale! Awesome!
I was actually very close to ordering a short scale Z-Bass in the same wood and color combination instead of this but decided the guitar would likely get more use.  Maybe for the next build! :toothy12:

Very pretty!  Any reason you did the strap button on the back of the upper horn rather than the top?

guitarstv said:
Very pretty!  Any reason you did the strap button on the back of the upper horn rather than the top?
Since I was using a flush mount strap lock I couldn't cleanly mount it on the point of the horn - where I'd put a standard button - so it made sense to put it on the back where the strap wouldn't have a weird break angle coming off the horn.  I used the flush mount setup so I could have a button mounted inside the cutout portion of the body and not have it poking into my leg when holding the guitar in the classical position without a strap.  :icon_thumright:

Back