Green Paisley B-Bender Tele

GoDrex said:
I was thinking that if you want some sort of paisley design on a neck plate, perhaps something in black and white would be a good place to start.
http://www.google.com/images?q=black+and+white+paisley&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS294US294
Wat to Go...Drex...., good call. Never really thawt about it in B&W.. :icon_thumright:

mayfly said:
Yep - I'm also thinking just one paisley in the middle of the plate.  Essentially just a traced outline - maybe some detail in the middle, but not much.
That's what I'd been looking at doing, a single paisley, with not to much crammed into it... :icon_biggrin:

This is pretty cool, not taking anything away from yours mayfly. But I like the B&W vibe...
DSCF2313.jpg

DSCF2314.jpg

Sweet build! That is so cool! how much does that bender contraption weigh?

That's a nice guitar.  I was actually considering Black and White before I found the green.

The bender is pretty light, since many parts are aluminum.  The original parsons-green benders were made of steel and were quite heavy.  If you pick up a fender nashville tele, you'll find that it's very heavy (it has the steel bender installed).

My red one is a pretty light guitar.  This one will be light as well.

well folks, the edge sanding is done and I've punched the bridge holes.  Now I'm going to let it sit for a bit then send it to Tonar.  Actually, the real reason to wait is that Tonar will start playing around with the test board on monday or so.  There are some concerns about the lacquer sticking to the paper, so it's time to check things out under the gun, so to speak. 

Here are some parting shots.  The green really changes depending on the light/angle.

n527102111_2382827_6781025.jpg

n527102111_2382828_2676243.jpg

n527102111_2382829_7875986.jpg

Thanks guys!  But note that it's not done yet ... there are still issues to be resolved.

Woah, how cool would it be to make a paisley pattern where all the paisleys looked like amoebas and different types of cells and stuff like that?  To the point where you could identify the different organelles within...

... wow, I think I just reached a new level of nerdiness.

hannaugh said:
Woah, how cool would it be to make a paisley pattern where all the paisleys looked like amoebas and different types of cells and stuff like that?  To the point where you could identify the different organelles within...

It would be very cool!

Back