What colors, paint schemes would you like to see offered by Warmoth

Bagman67 said:
I think it's presented as "aged Pelham blue" because the lacquer yellows, making the underlying blue look green.  Also, the lacquer vehicle carrying the blue metallic powder also yellows with time.
+1 This.

It's a wonderful color, that green looks amazing, and I'm also a fan of the much lighter yellowing.

Around here, June bugs (which don't really get numerous until July) are about that color - with a yellowish fringe (kind of like the black outer band on most sunbursts). The colors subdue a bit later in the season.

I was going to post something like "Pelham Blue that turns green because of the nitro yellowing for years." But then I was like, "nah, no need to explain the obvious to the Warmoth forum crowd."

If Warmoth sold it I'm sure they could adjust name to Pelham Green.

jay4321 said:
Throwing in another vote for wine red. I mentioned it in a thread going way back but this color is still a glaring omission. It works on Fenders, works on Gibsons, works with chrome/gold/black hardware, works with dark fretboards & bright maple fretboards... just looks good.

lespaulcustomwinered.jpg

wineredstrat.jpg

es335.jpg

Especially a color like the Gretsch on the bottom.

Two that come to mind are some kind of a dark burgundy, and additional "to clear" bursts, like a "red to clear" would be awesome.

And +++ to mellower bursts like Iced Tea.

Mapleg4 said:
jay4321 said:
Throwing in another vote for wine red. I mentioned it in a thread going way back but this color is still a glaring omission. It works on Fenders, works on Gibsons, works with chrome/gold/black hardware, works with dark fretboards & bright maple fretboards... just looks good.

lespaulcustomwinered.jpg

wineredstrat.jpg

es335.jpg

Especially a color like the Gretsch on the bottom.

+1 these always look great!

Ok i think i better get the Wine Red going! I have asked around the shop to have someone bring in an SG wine red so i can make sure to match and formulate it correct.

I have looked at the SG's at Guitar center and have a good idea how to make the color, but i want to be sure to nail it!

I hope to have this color done by the end of the month, than i have to convince the higher powers to include it in the color choices. If you don't see it by then and want that color on a current order make sure you tell the Sales guys about this topic so they dont tell you we dont offer it  :icon_biggrin:

Gibson wine red has varied a lot over the years.  The good thing is that I haven't seen one I haven't liked even with all the different shades I've seen on different guitars.  Looking forward to see what you come up with.

I'm with you. I don't think I've ever seen a wine red finish I didn't like.

Ty said:
Ok i think i better get the Wine Red going! I have asked around the shop to have someone bring in an SG wine red so i can make sure to match and formulate it correct.

I have looked at the SG's at Guitar center and have a good idea how to make the color, but i want to be sure to nail it!

I hope to have this color done by the end of the month, than i have to convince the higher powers to include it in the color choices. If you don't see it by then and want that color on a current order make sure you tell the Sales guys about this topic so they dont tell you we dont offer it  :icon_biggrin:

Swirrrrrrrrrrrrrls.

No timeline yet on the swirls, but I will say I took everything home to my shop. Just can't get the time to perfect the technique at Warmoth so afterwork and weekends I will play with some swirls.

So in the meantime you guys can decide on the color combination. Likely the base color will be black or white.

Some more cool pics I found

Attachments

• StevensRose.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 431
  • 1961 Fender Precision Bass Dakota Red finish, with a gold metallic undercoat..jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 350
  • Wildwood 1956 Reissue Inverness Green.jpg
    Wildwood 1956 Reissue Inverness Green.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 365
  • CIJ Silver Paisley Slab Body SCPB.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 335
A few ideas for new pickguard colors.
Also a suggestion to expand MOP & abalone to more inlays than dots.

Attachments

• mirror silver.jpg
    mirror silver.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 366
  • P1080699.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1275.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 359
  • Sp inlay.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 358
Ty, you're gonna shoot me, but I'm sure there are some folks that would love to see camo patterns.
I know it would be labor intensive, but that's what upcharges are for...

Back