What colors, paint schemes would you like to see offered by Warmoth

Talked with Tonar about doing this on a Warmoth body a year ago or so. It's basically just a black red yellow burst, but from the bottom up. I love it! I think there might have to be more emphasis on the "red" part of the burst than Warmoth's normal black red yellow bursts, but still. I would love to see this!

gibson_lp_classic_fireburst_week2_002.jpg

Gibson calls it the "Fireburst." Although they have another finish they also call the Fireburst. Not to be confused.

Can we finally get painted neck options in the neck builders? We've had the builders for 3 years now and no painted neck option!

It doesn't show up in the builder, but they're available. I just called them on that about a week or so ago.

They don't guarantee any kind of match to an existing body finish unless you order the body/neck at the same time, but most paint schemes they offer can be had on a neck. There's a schedule of costs here.

If you don't want to call them, you can simply specify what you want in the "notes" section of an online order. But, if it was me, I wouldn't leave it at that. I'd strongly recommend calling them to make sure you both understand what it is you want.

Mapleg4 said:
Can we finally get painted neck options in the neck builders? We've had the builders for 3 years now and no painted neck option!
Sorry, that's against my religion... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Mapleg4 said:

Too bad...
We also need the option of figured maple veneers on headstocks like we had on the old order forms.

DangerousR6 said:
Mapleg4 said:

What faith do you practice???? Fumble Thumbs of the Holy Woods???  :icon_jokercolor:

Mapleg4 said:

I think it would be cool if Warmoth could dye necks like CtheHammer did:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=12422.0

JaySwear said:
Talked with Tonar about doing this on a Warmoth body a year ago or so. It's basically just a black red yellow burst, but from the bottom up. I love it! I think there might have to be more emphasis on the "red" part of the burst than Warmoth's normal black red yellow bursts, but still. I would love to see this!

Gibson calls it the "Fireburst." Although they have another finish they also call the Fireburst. Not to be confused.

+amen

Death by Uberschall said:
DangerousR6 said:
Mapleg4 said:

What faith do you practice???? Fumble Thumbs of the Holy Woods???  :icon_jokercolor:
From the book of Holy Morning Wood, by Hugh Gorgan... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Death by Uberschall said:
DangerousR6 said:
Mapleg4 said:

From the book of Holy Morning Wood, by Hugh Gorgan... :icon_biggrin:
:headbang1:

JaySwear said:

Got one of those going in the showcase pretty soon. Its a Strat though and was our first test body. We decided to do them with transparents instead of dyes and are doing some more with enhanced grain to really make it pop.

Any blue egg shell bodies coming soon in the showcase or as a standard color?

Somebody nicked the one months ago before I got to snacth it.

That's funny it was a mistake from the backup painter who didn't filter the paint after adding the powder pigment. I don't know if you guys request I suppose we could make another mistake:)

Throwing in another vote for wine red. I mentioned it in a thread going way back but this color is still a glaring omission. It works on Fenders, works on Gibsons, works with chrome/gold/black hardware, works with dark fretboards & bright maple fretboards... just looks good.

lespaulcustomwinered.jpg

wineredstrat.jpg

es335.jpg

But for something different, I think we should talk about this, whatever it is exactly. Faded pelham blue?

ivernessgreen.jpg

iverness2.jpg

jay4321 said:
But for something different, I think we should talk about this, whatever it is exactly. Faded pelham blue?

ivernessgreen.jpg

iverness2.jpg

I think I'd call that June Bug Green. Whatever it is  it isn't blue.

I've never seen a June Bug that color - they're all black here - but that certainly isn't blue. It's as green as green can be without being florescent.

It's possible he's color-blind, though. It generally only affects men, and confusing blue/green/brown is the typical pathology.

I think it's presented as "aged Pelham blue" because the lacquer yellows, making the underlying blue look green.  Also, the lacquer vehicle carrying the blue metallic powder also yellows with time.

That could be. But, as it sits, it's green, no matter what San Francisco adjectives are applied to it <grin>

Back