What colors, paint schemes would you like to see offered by Warmoth

Ty

Hey forum members,
Here at warmoth we love innovations, odd yet cool paint jobs and reproducing others popular styles. Its been a while since we have offered any really cool paint schemes.

So what would you like to see offered here. Skies the limit don't be timid there's not much I can't do so throw it at me. Once we get enough ideas ill have the techies make a poll to select a few, who knows maybe all to paint and out up in the showcase. As always if they move from the show case typically they become standard paint choices.

Please include pictures or renderings of the paint job you would like to see painted here and maybe a little info about the finish.

This should be a fun topic ill see if I can get one of the guys here to pin it.

I look forward to all your cool, wild, elegant,  contemporary and ugly :) Ideas!!

Ty Carpenter Warmoths finishing department

GM used to offer the Pontiac Gran Prix in a sort of candy/metallic copper that I always thought would look great on a guitar.

2G2WP522551179279A.jpg

It's similar to the candy tangerine you already offer, but more brown than orange. Although, that candy tangerine is fine shade. I have one of those, and everybody that sees it wants to know where I got it.

You asked for it  :icon_biggrin:  ...... 
I'm newish to warmoth this year so :icon_scratch: Ever done this .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjqu5HUoCW4&feature=related

OR
This is one very cool colour ... 'Stealth Blue'  ... The paint changes from blue to purple in different light.  :icon_thumright:
Or could be known as 'Plum Crazy Pearl'
Seen this on cars ....
Do this one and count me in  :toothy10:

Attachments

• Stealth Blue.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 429
  • Plum Crazy Purple.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 462
+1 on the metallic copper and plum crazy finishes. :icon_thumright:

Oddly enough, I have been considering both of those finishes (amongst others) for an Alder body that I scratch-built. :blob7:

I'd like to see flip flop colors, I believe they work better than your light in the dark colors.
Swirls are great, they have fans outside of Ibanez.
I don't know if Paisley is a finish but I like it a lot.

Attachments

• DSC00779.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 536
  • Ibanez Jem Herc Fede DNA look.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 513
  • Gretsch G6129TL Sparkle Jet Light Blue Pearl.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 557
  • ff.jpg
    ff.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 554
Cagey said:
GM used to offer the Pontiac Gran Prix in a sort of candy/metallic copper that I always thought would look great on a guitar.

2G2WP522551179279A.jpg

It's similar to the candy tangerine you already offer, but more brown than orange. Although, that candy tangerine is fine shade. I have one of those, and everybody that sees it wants to know where I got it.

I would agree with this.  I've seen a color very similar to this used on Jackson Warriors, and it looks great!  I think this color would look awesome with a "burst" from black to this color, also.

That's a hard call, especially since I used to move all the showcase bodies and got to see and handle them up close.

I think Warmoth's finishes, especially the dyes and translucents are the best in the business, so I have no insight to offer there.

I do think considering a match of some of the solid colors with some of the newer automobile colors would be cool.  Newer sportier metallics & such in particular. 

I think one thing that sets Warmoth apart from everyone else is that they don't just cater to the vintage corksniffer, but really do offer unique choices not available anywhere else.

I like seeing the car comparisons, it would be interesting to see some photoshopped examples of what they may look like on a body/headstock.  Some colors work better with others, considering hardware & pickguard colors currently available.

ZW scheme, but pinky  :icon_jokercolor: :p

Seriously, I really like this idea of white-gold ZW...

And the gold and silver flake be like these:

Attachments

• Les Paul Frank Montag PINK ZW!.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 576
  • Les Paul Frank Montag Zakk Wylde Bullseye.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 529
  • Orpheo Les Paul Gold Flake.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 529
  • Les Paul Sparkle Silver.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 604
Well, actually a  Black Paisley would be great.
Or a darker green, than the one you offer.

What about those colors that change theirs when light comes on it in a different angle (sorry, I don't know what they are called)

Bye  JULIA

I would like to see something that combines Hannaugh's 2 beauties; blue dye, purple fade to black edges.

It's really cool that the Qty Pie is now available as a finish choice. Way to go, Big W!

OK Ty, you asked for it!

I've always thought the Tyler burning water finishes were cool.

Attachments

• Tyler_Burning_Water.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 644
Another vote for TV white and TV Yellow. 
A couple of points on existing finishes:
- the Warmoth "amber" seems more brown than what I've seen on other guitars, I'd much prefer a more honey amber color. I also agree some more subtle bursts would be good. The PRS vintage burst does both - nice honey color and subtle burst.
- I've seen a few other comments on this, the "vintage tint" neck color is quite dark, almost orange. I would prefer something more natural looking.

I would like to see a couple of odd finish options, that are sort of versions of another.  Really just using the older Fender colors: Surf Green, Seafoam Green, Daphne Blue, Sonic Blue, and Fiesta Red, but do the Mary Kaye approach to those colors.  As with the Butterscotch Blonde and the Mary Kaye White, I think it would be an interesting addition that would not be too difficult to implement.
Patrick

Or the 3-tone-bursts/2-tone burst the other way round.

For example a little yellow on the outside, quite a bit of red in the middle and black in the inside.  :toothy12:

I think swirls would be really cool as well!

But overall, I am happy with the choices we have.

Although a design-a-burst would be a kind of cool option. I don't really know how it would work though, people would probably just make up some crazy stuff...

would it be too much to ask for some Hello Kitty stuff?

actually I like the selection but think that if you have the talent there, some air brush or graffiti jobs would be nice

I'd personally also like to see flip-flop finishes as an option. I just love stuff like this:

FlipFlopJEMSeven.png

Back