GAS plans always change - Settled on what I want + Video!

Positive Grid are releasing their Head. Which is like a Kemper.  Their software both Bias Amp and Bias FX, cover tone matching amps, designing your own and the FX side lets you create a massive effects chain. A lot of people rave about the PC software. I will be trying out the Head 600Watt when it arrives and using a ipad running FX via a Bluetooth controller whilst still running a guitar cab for that real feel.
I look forward to hearing about your adventure.

Axl12 said:
Positive Grid are releasing their Head. Which is like a Kemper.  Their software both Bias Amp and Bias FX, cover tone matching amps, designing your own and the FX side lets you create a massive effects chain. A lot of people rave about the PC software. I will be trying out the Head 600Watt when it arrives and using a ipad running FX via a Bluetooth controller whilst still running a guitar cab for that real feel.
I look forward to hearing about your adventure.
Just remember, if you are running through a guitar cab, nix the IR.

One thing I might do, rather than buy the head when it's released (it looks fantastic, but $$$, even if it's pretty inexpensive), is create a midi controller using an Arduino board of some type.  Make a fake front panel for the "amp." that i can use for some tactile tweaks.  All I'd need to do for the "real feel" at that point is just buy a powered speaker and be done with it.

Although. I can imagine a fully crossed over setup would sound really nice with something like this.  Or the Kemper / AxeFX / Helix as well.

I'm really liking Bias so far.  Still learning though.  My midi controller is giving me some issues. I might sell it and stick with the one that came with my Rivera amp.  Nice and simple.

Back