What do you like/dislike about your Warmoth, and what would you change?

JaySwear said:
ORCRiST said:
I've read in particular you hate anything Wilki-related and were an adamant defender and Champion of Floyd Rose, personally.

I've seen this too. I think it was in that thread you posted along with your music room full of your BC Rich's. I definitely remember, I'll see if I can find a link...

Room full of B.C. Richs?  I WANNA SEE!  I WANNA SEE!  :blob7:

crybaby1.png

Mom! They're makin' fun of me! Waaahhh!

I am both grateful for, and concerned by... the amount of effort Cagey puts into those.

Torment Leaves Scars said:
DocNrock said:
+1 on the shorter brass block on the Floyd.  All of my trem guitars have them.

Regarding what I don't like, I really wish Warmoth had neck-thru options.

I was going to say the same thing, that I wish Warmoth offered neck-through options.  I certainly would have gone that route.

I looked at the tremolo on my guitar, and I can't figure out how I would actually get a brass block in it.  It looks like it's all one piece with the bridge itself.   :icon_scratch:

Link for the blocks.  Use the 32mm ones and they will fit easily under a trem cover, even with a recessed Floyd.  http://floydupgrades.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=193

cgey nailed it

fun is where you find it

we are all (at varying degree) musicians

I talk theory and a lot of guys get upset, but my training is based in hard theory stuff

do I put anyone down for not wanting to follow? when they say " I am pout of here to much theory"

nope, I think all musicians have a threshold, let them develop it.

we are all part of the same community, and that community needs scholars, business owners, workers, clerks, and the laborers, we all fit in, and we all envy those who are less than ourselves, those who play just for pleasure instead of being driven to study every aspect of music we can handle.

Cagey, that post is the post of the year

Thanks

We are closer to that scotch and a steak than you can imagine .

My current #1 is an ash body, maple/maple wizard profile, HSH, Schaller Floyd super strat. It came out exaclty the way I had planned it and the only problem I've had is that it needed a slight fret job on the high-side 13-15 frets.

What would I change about it? Nothing! I'd just build another one!  :icon_biggrin:

BTW, +1 to what ORC said about shimming the saddles on your Floyd. It makes a huge difference in playability and it's a super easy upgrade to do.

I have a Warmoth strat - Business Time.

I love:

-The Finish. This thing absolutely glows, and even though I got a gloss on the neck instead of satin, it is extremely easy to play. The clear coat feels and looks like glass. I put a minor chip in the finish right off the bat and it didn't go through it. I bet it would have on most other guitars.

-The Fit. This guitar feels like a solid piece of wood even though it's a core+top with a bolt on neck and a ton of hardware. No rattles.

I dislike:

most of the issues I would change if I could are options that *I* selected so it's nothing on Warmoth.

-Pickups. I selected Fender custom shop Texas Specials so it would sound like a Strat, but I ended up wanting to use this guitar for more than blues. I will be putting stacked buckers in this as well as a tap interrupt and save the pickguard for a "screamin' deals" body that I'll finish myself at some point.

-Frets. I would select a larger fret on the next build. I may go stainless as well.

-Neck. My next Warmoth will have an exotic raw neck and probably a thicker profile, but that wasn't what I wanted with the strat build.

I dislike that every time I have build a guitar. Then ... I want to make another.

I would change like to change my financial resources to accommodate that disliking.

Only problem I've had is that on the three necks, my strat's frets are very sharp whereas the other two were perfect out of the box (all SS).  I have to figure out how to file them down so they are nice and rounded.  The good thing is that the strat has the standard neck where the others are the Clapton V, so I can reach over the edges and not cut myself up. But I really want to file them down.

Otherwise, everything else came perfect and ready to go.

I don't like how you can't write off Warmoth expences on my taxes.

clearerphish said:
I have a Warmoth strat - Business Time.

Flight of the Conchords fan? It made the rounds a few years ago, but if you haven't yet seen it, the video should carry a "Do Not Consume Beverages While Watching This Video" warning.

Why can't you write off Warmoth purchases as an expense if you are not pro?

Hell, why do we even have to pay for something we recently bought with real money? Why not just use a Warmoth neck as standard currency? I bet a neck from Warmoth could actually save you from actually having to use paper money for food!) That way we could save the trees from the money and make more necks?

Me? I've already got a sweet ass neck, so I'm not so disappointed to be refused my matching body choice as long as chiming/consoling harmonics. Now where's the angel smiley when you need it?                                                                                                                                                                                                                   :doh:

Back