What colors, paint schemes would you like to see offered by Warmoth

Kinda like this?
green+june+beetle+unc+72409.JPG

Maybe even with the yellow sunburst?

Nah. Looking it now on a "good" monitor, that last pic I posted is actually exactly what I had in mind. That color, with some black and brushed nickel looking hardware with it.

Besides I have a dragonburst already, so the bug is out. I guess you can "squash" that idea [rimshot]

36610005461.jpg

Just to remind you again: Painted necks and necks in transparent finishes in the neck builders, please!

I'm not sure if Warmoth does this finish on request, or not, but I would really like to see Charvel's Pagan Gold finish.

6792494321_a6430eb666_b.jpg

It's a sort of metallic yellow/gold, too gold for Candy Yellow, and too yellow for Goldtop. I love it!

Soooo... when are some of these going to get added to the site, or do we have to call in for them?

Disclaimer: I know nothing about finishing, so no idea of actual feasibility.
I thought that an option for a "canvas" finish would be cool. A platform if you will for custom graphics.
For example, I know a local artist that I'd love to have do a custom graphic on a guitar body. If I could provide her with something that's ready to work on that'd be nice.

This may be really easy for the end user to do and I just don't know it.

I found a drool-worthy page at the House of Kolor here:

http://www.houseofkolor.com/speedshapes/speedshapes_pearls.jsp

Especially the dry pearls, halfway down.

line6man said:
I'm not sure if Warmoth does this finish on request, or not, but I would really like to see Charvel's Pagan Gold finish.

6792494321_a6430eb666_b.jpg

It's a sort of metallic yellow/gold, too gold for Candy Yellow, and too yellow for Goldtop. I love it!
+1!
I also like Godin's "Dark Gold"!
Or, how about a Midnight Blue Metallic?
0038.jpg

Or hooker purple metallic?
15853pbodice.jpg

What I really want is something like this, but I guess I'll have to do that myself.
39305954081_large.jpg

Well,............... it kinda,............... looks like,.............. an extra,................................. oh never mind!!!  :icon_scratch:

:icon_jokercolor:

Death by Uberschall said:
Well,............... it kinda,............... looks like,.............. an extra,................................. oh never mind!!!  :icon_scratch:

Thanks a lot!

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

Death by Uberschall said:

:icon_jokercolor:

:confused4:  :(  ???  :sad1:  :sad:

Dunno if this has been mentioned anywhere in the previous pages, but I'd like to see something like Steve Morse's signature guitar that has a yellow-ish to purple burst.

ernie.jpg

MSP said:
Dunno if this has been mentioned anywhere in the previous pages, but I'd like to see something like Steve Morse's signature guitar that has a yellow-ish to purple burst.

ernie.jpg

[/quote]

It ain't precise, but I asked for clear rather than vintage tint for the topcoat - but they did a fair approximation here:
6183317626_9d81fd77d8_b.jpg

Quty Pie looks WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than that steve morse.. thing. Way better. Better neck, better model name, sexier aesthetic... and a Wilkywilks! I like the clear to purple vs the Steve Morse. That steve one is gorgeous in its own right, but I am spoiled from having seen Quty Pie first.

And who can argue with Wenge?

That Steve Morse guitar is absolutely hideous if you ask me. (Then again, no one did. :blob7:)
The stop tail looks like something a lazy machinist just slapped on there to replace something nice that was somehow lost or damaged. Clear pickguards are usually unnecessary unless you're modding a guitar that already had holes drilled for a pickguard. Furthermore, the pickup scheme looks odd to me. I'm not too familiar with Steve Morse, so I don't know what he does with his pickups, but I suppose tone comes before looks, if that placement is important.

In any case, regarding the finish, I think I like the finish on Quty Pie a lot better, but I don't see any reason the paint crew couldn't do a similar looking finish if requested. They've done a lot of cool custom work, so this should be no problem.

line6man said:
That Steve Morse guitar is absolutely hideous if you ask me. (Then again, no one did. :blob7: )

Since when has that ever stopped you?  :laughing7:  But seriously, I think you oughta check out Mr. Morse.  Being as I see in you a man who appreciates a disciplined and technical approach to music, I expect you'll find much to admire.

The stop tail looks like something a lazy machinist just slapped on there to replace something nice that was somehow lost or damaged.

Agreed.  But really, I suspect it's probably more functional than a stopbar.  Just for an idea of what it looks like when function triumphs over prettiness, here's Steve's old beater Tele that his first Musicman signature model was based on.  Not exactly an aesthetic triumph, is all I'm sayin'.

121703527.jpg

Clear pickguards are usually unnecessary unless you're modding a guitar that already had holes drilled for a pickguard. Furthermore, the pickup scheme looks odd to me. I'm not too familiar with Steve Morse, so I don't know what he does with his pickups, but I suppose tone comes before looks, if that placement is important.

I agree as to the pickguards -- Mayfly's fancy Telecasters being the exception to an otherwise workable rule.

The pickup layout is actually a simplification from his custom Telecasterish thing (see above) and the first MM signature model he had.

In any case, regarding the finish, I think I like the finish on Quty Pie a lot better,

I'm with you on that one.

but I don't see any reason the paint crew couldn't do a similar looking finish if requested. They've done a lot of cool custom work, so this should be no problem.

See, I'm agreeing with you again.  I admire your clearheadedness, especially when it jives with mine.

Bagman

Back