What colors, paint schemes would you like to see offered by Warmoth

+1 for Capri Orange. That's a sexy color. Slap a Wenge or Rosewood neck on there, and you're in business.

Metallic Fusha anyone?
Pink_Guitar_by_oister69.png

A silverburst, with a little more black than is standard.  Something like this.  On a strat-style body, I would expect the horns to be almost solid black.

Edited to fix the link.

I post the img correctly for you :)  it's fairly large, but the way you 'linked' to it was wrong, tried to go to "this.com"
DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_511976.648_silverburst.jpg

It looks like a regular silverburst teardrop to me.

Puh-leeze make this finish a standard option...

Attachments

• MetallicTobaccoBurstStrat.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 509
anorakDan said:
Puh-leeze make this finish a standard option...
YEP  +1  :icon_biggrin:
788fae39.jpg

SPRINKLES said:
I came.
To agree with you, that finish is breathtaking.
I agree  :icon_thumright:

1a6c1c61.jpg

Here's some more pic's ... 
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19564.0
Really hard to get a proper idea of how the colour changes in the pic's.
Need to try and do a video to capture the changes in colours from different angles.

Go on Warmoth .... make it an available finish for others  :icon_thumright:

I fall a little more in love with that finish every time I see it! Thanks for re-posting the pics Updown!

-sigh-

+1 on the custom burst suggestion.  Granted, it could get ugly, but there are plently of 3-color cobinations that could be amazing.

Personally I like to able to pick a solid color with a maple/ash masked binding, you have done this before but it's not offered as a finish.
Graphs can be bold, for the one that has the money and patient to wait, I did this one at http://www.drlgrafx.com/ still need to be finished.

Attachments

• TV20 in the works 11.JPG
    625.9 KB · Views: 351
This incredible finish...

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19561.0;topicseen

...on a (Classical) Nylon String Hollowbody Carved top LP w/'f' holes and extra contours

:cool01:

I'd like to see either binding or trim finished to the color of the body as a nice bit of a subtle look...whatever the materials may be, have them be of the shade of the body just for a subtle bit of a stand out look...

plucksix said:
I'd like to see either binding or trim finished to the color of the body as a nice bit of a subtle look...whatever the materials may be, have them be of the shade of the body just for a subtle bit of a stand out look...

I reckon you could fake this by doing a transparent color finish over a bound body - white binding on ash, for example, and shoot transparent color coat, don't scrape the binding - and  you're there.

Warmoth does this from time to time. My first Strat body from them was that way...

FullEdgeView.jpg
NoPickguard.jpg

Apparently, they dye the body before masking, then do the rest of the finish work. Gives you matching colored binding.

Back