What colors, paint schemes would you like to see offered by Warmoth

Bagman67 said:
121703527.jpg

:icon_scratch:  Interesting Pic

That pickup closest to the bridge, looks kind of like a GK-3 type of pickup (I know it's not thou)
No 13pin cable attached.

:dontknow:
So anyone know what it is ? 
It has it's own out put Jack.
Or
Is it a Piezo pickup of some sorts ?

Got some pups in it thou  :doh:
Looks like a Fender Bridge with a lipstick right next to that.
Then a Strat / Tele single and another Hum

6183317626_9d81fd77d8_b.jpg

That is, without a doubt, one of the sexiest guitars I've seen.

But I'm still longing for a purple burst with more meat in the middle--a true muti-toned burst, rather than something mostly clear in the centre.  A three-toned purple burst would be awesome!

But, hey, I also like tie-dye finishes.  :toothy10:

hannaugh said:
There's always my Strat's finish (Magenta Burst).  You could probably request it.

4656420568_b38f954fe5_b.jpg

I like that more and more every time I see it, Hannaugh! :icon_thumright:

How complicated can it be to finally get the solid and transparent neck finish options in the neck builders? We've been waiting for this for 4 years!

Mapleg4 said:
How complicated can it be to finally get the solid and transparent neck finish options in the neck builders? We've been waiting for this for 4 years!

What's the point? Order a raw neck that fits your build, and it will feel a lot better than playing on a layer of poly.

line6man said:
Mapleg4 said:

What's the point? Order a raw neck that fits your build, and it will feel a lot better than playing on a layer of poly.

I actually prefer the look and feel of a gloss, painted neck.

Mapleg4 said:
line6man said:
Mapleg4 said:

:icon_scratch:

Mapleg4 said:

Gloss is nice. I have a couple I don't have any problem with. But, some people find them "sticky". I've found that clean hands, well-maintained fingernails, lots of quality practice with good methods will allow you to be comfortable with a wide range of neck finishes and configurations. Learned that when I was just a grasshopper taking lessons from an old jazz guy. Guy could kick anybody's ass on their own guitar no matter what it was. I've had it happen to me with other seasoned players, too. I'd be bitching about some imagined deficiency or another with my own guitar, and they'd grab it and not have any trouble. "Nuthin' wrong wit' dis one!" and I'd be all embarrassed. Dammit! What do I have to do? Practice.

But, all that said, there's nothing quite like an Ebony over Pau Ferro neck. Except maybe an Ebony over Satine. Or Kingwood over Canary. Or... <grin>

I don't think anyone can't play a gloss neck.  It just feels nicer to a lot of people to play a raw one. 

It doesn't really matter how clean your hands are when you start the gig.  If your hands have a tendency to sweat and get clammy, a gloss neck will always feel stickier than a raw neck.  It's like leather seats in a hot car. 

I always wash my hands really well before I play, and I like my unfinished necks much better than my finished ones, and I don't even sweat that much.  I'll still play a painted neck, I don't have any problem playing one.  But raw necks make the experience more enjoyable. 

I don't recall ever thinking a neck was sticky. It's not from lack of sweat that's for sure.

PLEASE do a CAPRI ORANGE or equivalent solid ORANGE for my second Warmoth - if you did CAPRI ORANGE SOLID I'd have ordered my second Warmoth project by now......as it is I haven't

Which Capri Orange? That's one of those colors that varies a bit.

ReRanch has a solid orange in their custom colors section. I'm sure Tonar could knock out what you want or something close.

Capri Orange? You haven't lived until you've had a Candy Tangerine. Delicious!

jay4321 said:

ReRanch has a solid orange in their custom colors section. I'm sure Tonar could knock out what you want or something close.

Like this:
DSC008952.jpg

I totally forgot about Champagne Sparkle that the Fender Custom Shop offered at one time until I saw my wife's latest fingernail polish scheme!  Whaddaya say, Warmoth? Whaddaya say???

image014.jpg

Twigman said:
jay4321 said:

Like this:
DSC008952.jpg
Dear lord, that's a good argument.

Back