Tom P.'s eBay Project

If you're that hung over you skip the corn flakes and go straight for the beer. Then it's time for chili dogs.

Cagey said:
If you're that hung over you skip the corn flakes and go straight for the beer. Then it's time for chili dogs.

we should hang out more.

Your proximity to chili dogs :blob7: may be a contributing factor to my sentiment.

Yeah, well, we're probably taking years off our lives. But, the end years are the worst, so no big loss.

Cagey said:
Yeah, well, we're probably taking years off our lives. But, the end years are the worst, so no big loss.

That's the spirit!  :icon_thumright:

And Pepsi is way better than Coke. But then again I'm a Quebecker, and they don't call us "Pepsis" for nothing.

Cagey said:

Problem with your logic is this:  The end years aren't the ones you lose; it's the good ones.  The crappy end years just arrive sooner.  So practice now, since it'll come up sooner than you think:

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Also, I prefer Pepsi myself.

bagman67 said:
Problem with your logic is this:  The end years aren't the ones you lose; it's the good ones.  The crappy end years just arrive sooner.  So practice now, since it'll come up sooner than you think:

"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

Also, I prefer Pepsi myself.

Hmm... I'm going to pretend I didn't read that.

I've already got the "GET OFF MY LAWN!" thing down pat.

And I'm a Pepsi man, too.

epic project . . . just posting so I get notified when you add to the thread. great work! I'm excited to observe your progress.  :eek:ccasion14:

I put a dab of Bondo in a tiny ding in the edge of the headstock. I'm about to order a pickup for it. My job is taking up all my time.

My Mum used to say "if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing well".  I'll still be here and watching  :glasses9:

Somehow way back in the begining I knew this post would go no where, it all started with a couple scale length questions from others with a crap reply, and has gone no where since.

Throw that piece o crap in the trash can and move on........No offence intended

Alfang said:
Somehow way back in the begining I knew this post would go no where, it all started with a couple scale length questions from others with a crap reply, and has gone no where since.

<insert the most obvious reply to that here>

Alfang said:

It actually all started with a statement explaining that I have other things to do besides this project.

Alfang, where is YOUR project?

N-PUD (New Pickup Day)
IMG_0006-5.jpg

My pickup came today!

TomPerverteau said:
N-PUD (New Pickup Day)
IMG_0006-5.jpg

My pickup came today!

Damn I didn't even noticed you were making a seven string, and I've been following this thread since the beginning :doh:.

Can't wait to hear the finished product :hello2:.

Yup. I'm hooked on 7s. I don't even mess with 6-string electrics anymore.

IMG_0005-8.jpg

Block-sanded with 320-grit. You can see my little bit of Bondo on the curved edge near where the nut goes. Another coat of primer is drying now. I hope to move to 400-grit next and be onto the paint.

NSD (New Sustainiac Day!)
I have been so anxious to get some time to work on this thing! I found more low spots in the corners of the headstock, so I built them up with Bondo.
IMG_0002-5.jpg

IMG_0001-5.jpg

This will sharpen up the corners. I was SO hoping to be on my last coat of primer before paint, but my guitars are always really nice. I had to make it a little better. I filled a dab more. It's time to move up to 600-grit as you can see by how I went through to the wood again with the block. A guy could spend days on end with this headstock to get it right. I'm already at the point of "Hell with it! Paint the sonofabitch!" I want to get the headstock done & assembled so I can get back to the body & check intonation.

IMG_0003-8.jpg

The Sustainiac arrived! I am nowhere near ready to wire it, but I wanted to have it to figure out where I will mount the circuit board. Plus I can afford to buy it right now. $270 shipped. I put a Bobbin Topper from universaljems.com on the dummy part of the "humbucker." It's just a white sticker that makes it match the bridge pickup. Snazzy, and it adds to the stealth factor. I have another Bobbin Topper, and could slap it over the driver part of the Sustainiac for an even sneakier effect.

I hope my job slows down a bit so I get more time to work on this guitar!

I like the concept of the faux-pickup holes sticker.  My impulsive need for symmetry would like you to apply another one on the driver, as you suggested. 

Also, it looks like your neck has one too many holes.  I'm going to assume the 7th is for cigarette storage.

Back