Black korina Jazzmaster build

Have you tried dry fitting the hardware and neck etc to ensure things fit and the scale length etc works?

If not, it may be worth doing so before spending a lot more time on finishing.

I
Have you tried dry fitting the hardware and neck etc to ensure things fit and the scale length etc works?

If not, it may be worth doing so before spending a lot more time on finishing.
I took her off the paint stand today and mocked things up; everything seems to line up/measure correctly! I drilled the bridge holes to the width supplied by the manufacturer, but they seem a little to tight for the thimbles. I could probably force them in if the body were made of basswood, but I don't know how much this dense black korina will give. I think I'll try to widen them just a tad.

014CD50D-35FE-4CEB-947E-053172368EAD copy.jpeg

@ragamuffin probably better at this stage to make all adjustments needed for fitting purposes, assemble, check intonation etc then disassemble, complete any further finishing then a final assembly and set up.

@ragamuffin probably better at this stage to make all adjustments needed for fitting purposes, assemble, check intonation etc then disassemble, complete any further finishing then a final assembly and set up.
That's probably a good idea Stratamania. I was going to wait till I had the neck for this guitar in hand, but there's no reason I can't use the neck that I have now (the one from my Albert Lee build) to test things out.

Back