Is it alright to post non-Warmoth projects here?

I've had good luck with sandpaper wrapped around a dowel to remove the finish coat inside the post holes, then pressing (which sometimes counterintuitively works much better than hammering!) the posts in using a skateboard wheel and my body weight šŸ¤£ Glad you got those suckers in!

From what I read, it sounded like pressing was probably the better method but I didn't think I could manage the force without a drill press. Sanding out the finish does sound like it'd make that easier but I never would have thought of a skateboard wheel lol. I doubt I'll do another Floyd but I'll keep that in mind in case I change my mind on that. Really, the only reason I went with a Floyd was because I could get a red one, that finish does have the hardtail option and I was going to do that but I felt I had to do the red Floyd haha. I'd never setup a Floyd from scratch either and that really took some doing but it's staying in tune very nicely and the UnLock is working great. They also make the locking nuts in different colors but I decided to try the Unlock instead and so far, so good.

Reactions: u.9
From what I read, it sounded like pressing was probably the better method but I didn't think I could manage the force without a drill press. Sanding out the finish does sound like it'd make that easier but I never would have thought of a skateboard wheel lol. I doubt I'll do another Floyd but I'll keep that in mind in case I change my mind on that. Really, the only reason I went with a Floyd was because I could get a red one, that finish does have the hardtail option and I was going to do that but I felt I had to do the red Floyd haha. I'd never setup a Floyd from scratch either and that really took some doing but it's staying in tune very nicely and the UnLock is working great. They also make the locking nuts in different colors but I decided to try the Unlock instead and so far, so good.
It was back when I had very few tools (though I still don't have a press, and it was a lot of work sanding the post holes without a drill). The feeling of hammering on a gorgeous guitar body that cost more than my first new guitar was instantly too disturbing, so I covered the body with a towel and pressed the post the rest of the way with the sk8 wheel for grip, but a rubber mallet would have been more stable.

I had no idea a red Floyd was even a thing! Apparently there was a whole series of colors I never knew existed... red, blue, green, goldenrod, champagne, and coffee šŸ¤“

It was back when I had very few tools (though I still don't have a press, and it was a lot of work sanding the post holes without a drill). The feeling of hammering on a gorgeous guitar body that cost more than my first new guitar was instantly too disturbing, so I covered the body with a towel and pressed the post the rest of the way with the sk8 wheel for grip, but a rubber mallet would have been more stable.

I had no idea a red Floyd was even a thing! Apparently there was a whole series of colors I never knew existed... red, blue, green, goldenrod, champagne, and coffee šŸ¤“

I also covered with a towel just in case haha. I thought I could at least keep from bashing the body with a hammer but I was still a bit nervous about it. I figured though, at worst, I would have to dowel and redrill the holes. I didn't see where it could get any worse than that and fortunately, it all worked out lol.

I had seen the different colored Floyds a while back and forgot about them. I got to thinking about using a Floyd rather than a hardtail and rediscovered them while looking at my options. I remember now wanting to put a Pink Floyd on something just for the pun but I just couldn't find that funny enough to actually do it haha.

NICE projects! how does the Brian-May-style switching work? is it on-off and phase reversal on each pup?

Thanks. Yeah, the bottom 3 are on/off and the top 3 are in/out of phase. It can get some crazy sounds! I find there are also some great and really useful tones as well. The craziest I've found is all 3 on with the neck out of phase, it kinda messes with my ears because it sounds so unlike anything I've ever played with before haha. It's not an everyday use type tone but I think I can figure out some ways to use it. I'm still finding myself messing with the switches more than really playing it, but I'll get used to it enough to cut that out eventually lol.

Back