Which Clips Are The Real Marshall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Superlizard said:
And that proves what, exactly?

If anything, it proves that if Joe Guitarist wanted a modeler that could do an Orange amp set to
light clipping, that's the one he should get, because it comes damn close.

However, the Orange dude never goosed the amp, never put a stomp in front of it, etc etc.

So, the problem is, not every amp is an Orange, not every player wants the Orange sound and not every player wants to set the gain to just light clipping.
I love it.  Even when you're wrong, you're right.

And how many people, posting an opinion in my thread here, got *my* tests wrong?

Considering that, shouldn't they just shut up?  LOL!

*I* love it.  Some of you can't see the forest for the trees because you allow yourselves
to be too simple-minded with your ridiculous "accusations".   :tard:

Only a fool would think all these tests are just a big competition to see
"who guesses right the most"... the point of these tests (mine and others) is
to put forth evidence (for others to hear) of their statements that "x is better"
or "no, y is better".

Best of all, didn't you say you were done with this stuff?   :icon_scratch:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I've lost interest.  If anything, these little A/B comparsions have me leaning towards modelling.

You were the very 1st poster in my thread with this - WTF are you doing in here, then?   :laughing11:

yyz2112 said:
...there is too much reverence paid to old gear and not enough concentration on moving on and being different.

Old gear gets reverence because it's proven its worth countless times on countless albums, and
so many *love* the tone.

If you're trying to be different just for difference's sake, then it's got nothing to do with tone, etc but
far more to do with that big chip on your shoulder cuz you have something to prove.

And of course, being different is useless if you sound like sh!t.  LOL

Wow, just amazing.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt of being rational, but I see I way over estimated you.
I get it, you're not here to make friends, me either. But if I was you, I'd hesitate before accusing someone else of having a chip on their shoulder.
Music is about expression, and one's choice of tone is uniquely bonded to his vision of that expression. Whether one is a guitar god, or just a cover band hack like me, the choices made about sound and tone are made solely based on what gets across to the audience. For every player like me who has a gig with a band (2 bands actually), there are 20 like you, criticizing someone who actually has a paying gig.
You wanna RAWK with your TOOBS playing 35 year old Thin Lizzy licks, thinking it cool, be my guest. But at the end of the day, your opinions are just that-your opinions, and worth only the air it takes to voice them.

Superlizard said:
yyz2112 said:
...there is too much reverence paid to old gear and not enough concentration on moving on and being different.

If you're trying to be different just for difference's sake, then it's got nothing to do with tone, etc but
far more to do with that big chip on your shoulder cuz you have something to prove.

LOL!!  Talk about hypocricy at its finest!

AndyG said:
Superlizard said:
yyz2112 said:

LOL!!  Talk about hypocricy at its finest!

LOL! right back at ya.  :tard:

Explain to me exactly how *I'm* trying to be different in the music world with my tone... I play 60's era
t00b circuit amps; very simple circuits.  If anything, I'm in the majority.

yyz2112 said:
You wanna RAWK with your TOOBS playing 35 year old Thin Lizzy licks, thinking it cool, be my guest. But at the end of the day, your opinions are just that-your opinions, and worth only the air it takes to voice them.

That's right - my opinions are my opinions.

But I also provide the data to back them up - unlike you.  :icon_jokercolor:

pc.gif

yyz2112 said:
I get it, you're not here to make friends, me either. But if I was you, I'd hesitate before accusing someone else of having a chip on their shoulder.

And for the record, what I said here:

Old gear gets reverence because it's proven its worth countless times on countless albums, and
so many *love* the tone.

And of course, being different is useless if you sound like sh!t.  LOL

Had nothing to do with *you*.

Instead, the "you" in my statement meant "any Joe Schmoe".

I'll keep my .02 short, 'cause I'm not about to become one of those folks who argues on an online forum :icon_scratch:

I said it before, and you didn't listen to me then, "Game is Lame". A shameful display by many on this one...get it through your head.

MUYFUE said:
I'll keep my .02 short, 'cause I'm not about to become one of those folks who argues on an online forum :icon_scratch:

I said it before, and you didn't listen to me then, "Game is Lame". A shameful display by many on this one...get it through your head.

You're right.

With the exception of a handful of techie statements/discussions *after* I posted the results (on page 2 !!!), the
rest of the posts by others are just whining drivel.

But that's how it goes 'round these parts.  I've participated in other clip tests and have made my arguments,
but I've never exhibited the blatant unprovoked immaturity that some here have shown.  I can only surmise
that "the truth hurts" by their asinine reactions.

That's all for this thread now, kiddies - find another clip test thread to piss on because you don't like the results.   :icon_thumright:

dmraco, stubhead, Blue313, dbw, Return of Guitlouie, Patrick from Davis, Max, MUYFUE:

Thanks for being civil in this test, even if you don't agree with the results.  :guitaristgif:

Almost forgot:

exalted said:
Set 2 sounds a little bit more full, but frankly, the second set's first clip sounds terrible. It just sort of drops out there.

GoDrex said:
clip 2 dirty was recorded too loud and is clipping all over the place.

I'm guessing 2 is the d00... uh I mean tubes. :laughing7:

tfarny said:
2 is the tube amp but 1 is a better recording and actually sounds better because it's recorded right.

SO: If we guess right, it means modeling amps suck, and if we're wrong it means our ears suck, right? Can't wait to find out your interpretation of this.

Death by Uberschall said:
I'll take door #2.

I only listened to the clean clips, guitar straight into what ever. Once I saw the crunchbox was in the chain on the dirty tracks descriptions I didn't even bother.

stubhead said:
Get a job, hippie.* :headbang1:

I'm gonna go with #1- modeler, because of the extreme amount of high signal that a tube amp wouldn't let through.

Blue313 said:
I'm going with #2 based on the dirt clips. 

The cleans are just too different.  #2 sounds like the amp had a blanket over it.

BZZZT!  Wrong!  Y'all each owe me 20 bucks.  :icon_jokercolor:

============================================================================================

dmraco said:
I am going with one...much better recording too.

Return of Guitlouie said:
I voted for one.  Just because.

dbw said:
Well, the second set of clips sound like crap, especially the dirty.  The first clips sound way better.  It's impossible to A/B these recordings, they sound completely different.

Cha-ching!  Y'all got it right.  :icon_thumright:  :eek:ccasion14:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back