Callaham Hot Rod Bigsby Parts

It's as TBurst said. They work flawlessly with the B7 and with the standard "horseshoe" B5, however on the F-Logo B5 the main shaft and the front roller are a bit further apart which creates a geometry issue with the Callaham arm bracket.

I'd hope to see a mention of it in the compatibility section of his product description after this, but who knows. I ended up sending him the whole unit so he could see it all for himself rather than taking my word for it.

Good idea to send the whole unit. That'll make it easier for him to come up with a proper solution.

Rgand said:
Good idea to send the whole unit. That'll make it easier for him to come up with a proper solution.
Bill will come up with a solution or a disclaimer.  While he can be eccentric, he is good people and makes a good product. Sorry to say Verne, being the market size of F based Bigsbys, it will probably be a disclaimer.  Curious, how did you acquire so many F based Bigsbys?

TBurst Std said:
Sorry to say Verne, being the market size of F based Bigsbys, it will probably be a disclaimer.  Curious, how did you acquire so many F based Bigsbys?

No need for any appologies, I didn't have any expectation that he'd go into production with them. Although if he did I'd grab a few. My purpose in contacting him was just to let him know about the incompatibility so that he'd be aware of it and could properly inform his customers. If he decides it's practical to run a one-off batch for me, I'll most likely take him up on it.

As for me and F-Logo B5s, it's just a function of a long-time love affair with the Telecaster. I have spent a lot of time on the TDPRI and through seeing them there I developed a bit of a fascination with Bigsby Teles and the F-Logo B5 in particular. Specifically in conjunction with the modified Tele ashtray bridge, not the rocking replacement the F-Logo B5 comes with. I've got three Teles: a black Tele Special, a blonde Nashville and a midnight wine MIM Standard. The Special and the Nashville have the F-Logo B5s on them, the one mentioned in this thread that was sitting on the shelf is for the Standard (eventually...). At some point I want to build a double bound CAR Tele with WRHBs, a fantasy I've been carrying around since my adolescence, and when I do, it'll get an F-Logo B5 too  :icon_biggrin:

The standard B5 I have is on an ES-137, and the B7 is on a GoldTop R7 Les Paul. I've got another Les Paul with P90s that will get a B7 of its own in due course. Bigsbys are just so wonderful  :) There's a Mooncaster build in the back of my mind, hovering around where the CAR WRHB Tele is, and I've been pondering the virtues of the Les Trem on it, seems like an excellent approach to subtle shimmery vibtrato on a TOM/STP guitar. But now I'm way off in the weeds...

I may eventually put one on my current Tele. Good to know that I'll need to do my own modification on that arm if I get an F-logo model.

Wow!  Thanks for all the information Verne!  I bookmarked this and will have to do the upgrade on my Bigsby Tele someday.

Rgand said:
I may eventually put one on my current Tele. Good to know that I'll need to do my own modification on that arm if I get an F-logo model.

crash said:
Wow!  Thanks for all the information Verne!  I bookmarked this and will have to do the upgrade on my Bigsby Tele someday.

Glad to know that the info is of value!

Love Callaham upgrade parts, use them on all my USA Bigsbys.  The front roller and string through in particular are must haves.

Back