Seraph-inspired thinline/semi-hollow

I did a lot of careful sanding and made sure it looked good, then re-shot the sanding sealer. It's looking much better!

OZi87LP.jpg

Shot the burst today and I think it came out pretty well! It looks even better in person, I had a hard time getting a good picture of it.

2UuERJp.jpg

Well done! It's coming along great....And I love the yard and trees behind it... :icon_thumright:

PhilHill said:
Well done! It's coming along great....And I love the yard and trees behind it... :icon_thumright:

Thanks Phil! The yard is unusually green after all the rain we've had over the past months

So today I tried to sand out a little bit of splatter from the black burst because OCD. I went in gently with 400 grit, wiped it with naptha, and the sanding sealer started turning white! What's going on here? Will it go clear again when I shoot clear over it? (wishful thinking), or (more likely) is this something I need to fix now? And how? Ugh.

7ir1geB.jpg

What is the sanding sealer made out of? Possibly an incompatibility issue between the naptha and the solvent in the sealer.

stratamania said:
What is the sanding sealer made out of? Possibly an incompatibility issue between the naptha and the solvent in the sealer.
The sanding sealer is nitrocellulose

ragamuffin said:
stratamania said:
The sanding sealer is nitrocellulose

It looks like bloom caused by moisture. I know it is warm and humid where you are at the moment so perhaps some humidity has crept in whilst doing the sanding and so forth. If you spray it again the white if it is bloom should go away.

The blush remover fixed my problem straight away  :hello2:

PeIGXvv.jpg

Just need to touch up the burst around the upper contour/neck pocket

Pretty damn cool, not sure if it's just me but the finish looks like Black Cherry to me...But I like it... :yourock:

DangerousR6 said:
Pretty damn cool, not sure if it's just me but the finish looks like Black Cherry to me...But I like it... :yourock:

Thanks! It's slightly more orangey in person, but definitely not far off from a black cherry!

ragamuffin said:
DangerousR6 said:

Thanks! It's slightly more orangey in person, but definitely not far off from a black cherry!
I'm sure it is, I'm slightly color blind.... :glasses9:

Whelp... It's back...

I'm not really sure what to do at this point other than sanding it all down

7gernmX.jpg

ragamuffin said:
Whelp... It's back...

Ouch :-( what steps between the prior photo and this one? Or was it untouched between a, b?

Sadie-f said:
ragamuffin said:
Whelp... It's back...

Ouch :-( what steps between the prior photo and this one? Or was it untouched between a, b?

Between the photos I shot a little black on the left horn, but the blush/whatever you’d call it it came back over night :/

Back