Meanwhile, at Warmoth...narcissism in the marketing department!

They used to include a "bumper sticker" sized/shaped thing, but that seems to have ended. I doubt many people were putting them on their bumpers, but certainly on gear cases.

Cagey said:
They used to include a "bumper sticker" sized/shaped thing, but that seems to have ended. I doubt many people were putting them on their bumpers, but certainly on gear cases.
Bean counters...

The sinister thing about bean counters... who makes the lists? And who's counting the bean counters? Bean counting needs to be a side job of someone doing real work.

Bean counting is real work. It's just not the kind of work most people want or are able to do. As close as I've been able to tell, it requires a somewhat obsessive mindset, almost to the point of a disorder. In fact, counting things is a common symptom of folks who suffer from OCD. 

As a Financial Analyst, I can say the vast majority of people would Group me into bean counter.  As a FPA, I can say we put the Accts into that role.  FPA deals with forecasting using qualitative and quantitative data. Cagey is right in that it requires some OCD.  The reason being, your a55 on the line for results everything time
you open your mouth. Anyone good at FPA will always have documentation available for audits, accountability, and repeatability.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....everybody take a breather. We've gotten way off-track.

This thread is about me.

ME.

:bananaguitar:

Bean counting is real work

Yup. We need bean counters to count the beans. No doubt.
But you don't want bean counters making decisions like a CEO.
In my experience, all bean counters see is beans - not the value of certain beans over other beans.
Bean counters at the top is why customer service SUCKS in America.
Bean counters have no instincts, no vision, no perceptions beyond the tangible.
Prove me wrong.

AirCap said:
Bean counting is real work

Yup. We need bean counters to count the beans. No doubt.
But you don't want bean counters making decisions like a CEO.
In my experience, all bean counters see is beans - not the value of certain beans over other beans.
Bean counters at the top is why customer service SUCKS in America.
Bean counters have no instincts, no vision, no perceptions beyond the tangible.
Prove me wrong.
Actually a good FPA is the difference.  They are not an Acct.  They use real life vision.  That’s why I find it hard to transition my work.  I’m more
Lines of business focused than just numbers. 
My next project is documenting, visualizing, and streamlining the organizational chart and workflow for a Large vacation rental org.  A bean counter would just look at open positions vs budget.  I’m applying organizational effectiveness to the equation.  Actually working on behalf of the HR team. 

HR team? There's another problem at the corporate level. They usually think that THEY run the company. They also set arbitrary levels of skills for certain jobs.

Case in point: At the aircraft factory where I was employed, we had a CATIA programmer who sucked at his job.... badly. We used to call him Captain Chaos because everything he touched crashed or broke. I asked what the qualifications were for the job - which was, you had to have a college degree. His degree was in archeology..... WTH does that have to do with building airplane parts?

AirCap said:
HR team? There's another problem at the corporate level. They usually think that THEY run the company. They also set arbitrary levels of skills for certain jobs.

Case in point: At the aircraft factory where I was employed, we had a CATIA programmer who sucked at his job.... badly. We used to call him Captain Chaos because everything he touched crashed or broke. I asked what the qualifications were for the job - which was, you had to have a college degree. His degree was in archeology..... WTH does that have to do with building airplane parts?
With that I agree.  I was offering the point I just don’t count beans, I supply data (qualitative and quantitative) and processes to lines of business.

Back