Meanwhile, at Warmoth: a video tour of the Photography Department!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
This is technically the "Listing Department", but for the video we call it the Photography Department, since that is a more commonly understood term.

Check it out:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ppg0-FF6znI[/youtube]

WoWzers that's a lot of great lookin shelving

oh and there are some great necks and bodies too, lol. By my count there's gotta be at least a couple dozen bodies and a minimum 40 necks, but I don't count so fast these days, my doctor said I shouldn't move my eyes very much these days on account of how bad it is for your back. Anyway killer video as always, A, you are the man

That was really cool to see.
What an excellent system for hanging the bodies and capturing the images of the guitars. Amazing work.
And that inventory! Wow!
I watched the video a couple of times, stopping and backing up, to feast on all the nice stuff there. :icon_thumright:

Very spiffy photo setup! I just had to go to the showcase and take a closer look at a couple of bodies. I never noticed before that they were suspended by the neck mounting holes.

My compliments to the ladies, very nice photos, and always accurate descriptions.  :icon_thumright:

Who invented that guitar body holder, it makes it look like the guitars are floating.

Rick said:
Who invented that guitar body holder, it makes it look like the guitars are floating.

A great deal of Warmoth's apertures & jigs are made in house, no duplicates, totally proprietary.
One of my favorite things to do when I worked there was "De-Fragging" the showcase bodies & necks.  Moving them around in the showcase to fill the blanks by product number to make room for new inventory.  You get to know these necks quite intimately & after a few months, you can identify the carve by feel without looking at the stamp on the heel.

Another very cool video. Man, they do need to know their stuff. That bracket for the body photos is quite cool.

Who would have thought that a physical file system would need defragging? I can see the need. What a nightmare that could rapidly turn into without such organization.

BigSteve22 said:
Very spiffy photo setup! I just had to go to the showcase and take a closer look at a couple of bodies. I never noticed before that they were suspended by the neck mounting holes.

My compliments to the ladies, very nice photos, and always accurate descriptions.  :icon_thumright:

The background is also edited out for consistency. The pole coming from the wall definitely makes for easier editing, though taking out the background has only been done in the past 4 years. Looking at some of the old pictures makes me cringe. We've come a long way since 2011!!  :doh:  The A-aron was instrumental in helping set up standards for consistency. Just don't tell him I said so. His celebrity has grown so much he declined the autograph I asked for the other day.

Attachments

• CandyPurple2011.jpg
    CandyPurple2011.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 201
  • CandyPurple2019.jpg
    CandyPurple2019.jpg
    587.3 KB · Views: 201
Man, I would love a quick look at Warmoth's profit vs loss statement just to get a little perspective. Your "in stock" assets (from raw lumber to out the door) are just incredible to even think about.

Wolff05 said:
His celebrity has grown so much he declined the autograph I asked for the other day.

I told you: one per customer, and I don't want to see it turning up on Ebay.

Wow! I really enjoyed that. I had to keep re-watching a couple of parts as I’d get distracted by all the eye candy and realize I had stopped listening, haha!

Getting good pictures of guitars has long been a point of frustration for me, it’s impressive to see how your team has conquered it.

Another excellent tour, thanks A-aron!

-VB- said:
Wow! I really enjoyed that. I had to keep re-watching a couple of parts as I’d get distracted by all the eye candy and realize I had stopped listening, haha!

Getting good pictures of guitars has long been a point of frustration for me, it’s impressive to see how your team has conquered it.

Another excellent tour, thanks A-aron!

Yes, the quality of our photos has increased tenfold in the last 5 years, mostly thanks to Amanda and Riley. It's more attractive, more consistent, and faster. Kudos to them.

AirCap said:
Man, I would love a quick look at Warmoth's profit vs loss statement just to get a little perspective. Your "in stock" assets (from raw lumber to out the door) are just incredible to even think about.

I'm kinda interested in the inventory turns you guys have!  How many times do you turn inventory in a year?

I went for a job interview this summer, and one of the questions I always ask at the end of the interview when they ask 'Do you have any questions' is 'What's the turnover rate?'. Usually catches them off guard (for some reason - you'd think it's a reasonable question for a prospective employee no?) but I actually got one 'that's proprietary information'.

I'm surprised at the size of the inventory, and that it can be photographed and categorized so accurately and consistently. Kudos to Riley and Amanda!

Never would have thought of inventory as needing "defragging", either  :laughing7:

Of course, you never know...

uUeOYb2.jpg

Back