Warmoth War Moth

Your best work yet!

When you find yourself with a body of work. i.e. a bunch of your cool guitars, you should consider having a showing at a local art gallery. With a little bit of marketing and advertising, you would have a huge gathering at the opening! I really think you're on to something here. Keep up the fantastic work!

DangerousR6 said:
mullyman said:
DangerousR6 said:
His is painted...

Yeah, but it's still the same design, and in my opinion, would always be connected. No matter how great the design turned out, the immediate reaction would be "Cool, that's like Kirk's guitar". Kind of takes away from it a bit, not that Kirk's is better or anything like that, just that it would draw that connection.
MULLY
Possibly, but not everybody's seen kirk's Ouija guitar....So it's kinda moot.. :dontknow:

It's the first thing I thought, though different mediums, and different guitar styles.

anorakDan said:
Your best work yet!

When you find yourself with a body of work. i.e. a bunch of your cool guitars, you should consider having a showing at a local art gallery. With a little bit of marketing and advertising, you would have a huge gathering at the opening! I really think you're on to something here. Keep up the fantastic work!
Don't know 'bout the "best work" part, but the gallery idea is interesting. On a similar-but different :tard:-note, I am looking into a website design that would both display the guitar and illustration work and offer my work on a custom order basis. Not complete guitars, just wood burning and/or hand painting. One-of-a-kind, of course...and, thank you for the suggestion and the kind words.   

Updown said:
Just imagine how much more room there is on a double neck guitar body ...... Opppps sorry for the hint  :toothy12:
Great Ape said:
Uh, uh, uh, Murray....don't tempt me! Actually, I've been thinking about that as a nice l-o-o-o-ng winter project, but Warmoth won't do rear-routs, and they won't do chambered bodies, and I have NO desire to strap on (CAREFUL, NOW!!) 10lbs of guitar, so, it may not happen.
I have the answer for you Greg .....  :laughing7:

1) Just buy 2 bodies (Strat or Tele) chambered and rear routed.
2) Cut down dotted line.
3) Glue together.
4) Bingo ..... you now have a chambered, rear routed double neck body.  :headbang1:

No problem .... glad to be of assistance    :icon_biggrin:

Excellent idea!! I think I should have that work done by a true Master-of-the-Hacksaw...LIKE YOU, smartass :laughing3:!!

3-4 coats of oil...more to come, but thought I'd have a quick peek at possibilities while buffing between coats...no decision on a knob yet.
P2090236_zpsf672c6f0.jpg
P2090240_zps70b4c50e.jpg

And, I'm pretty sure I won't stick with that pine fingerboard... :icon_biggrin:...stick...board...Oh, forget it... :tard:

I agree. Those numbered knobs may be a bit too busy for a top that demands as much attention as that one does.

I can't believe you're saying that... wooden knobs? Whaddaya, some kinda Mennonite?

The black looks really good and doesn't compete at all with the graphics. They are strong enough to stand on their own and fit well with the black/white/black pickguard. Were that lovely mine, I'd have black bonnet style knobs on her.

The original pickguard was better.  The burgundy of the tortoise shell was the right counterpart to the deep yellowish amber of the moth.  The plain black pickguard is just a big visual sinkhole.  It has too much weight.

Cagey said:
I can't believe you're saying that... wooden knobs? Whaddaya, some kinda Mennonite?

Hardly, I'm just on record as believing plastic and metal have their place, and have never been fond of wooden accessories/hardware like control cavity covers, pickup rings, pickguards or knobs.  I think distressed wooden knobs done up to match, even painted, would look great on this.

Great Ape said:
...no decision on a knob yet.
:laughing7:  http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/guitarknobs_dice.htm   

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/guitarknobs_chickenhead.htm  :icon_jokercolor:

Aww, come on! I know you have better taste than that! You're kidding, right?

Yep, of cause .... I'm just joshing with Greg  :doh:

I'll let Greg decide which knobs & pickguard he wants.    :icon_thumright:

Back