Warmoth War Moth

Great Ape

Whose idea was this?!? Can't find the post again, but some time ago someone posted a pic of a Death's Head Moth and said it would be a cool idea...well, it's been flappin' around in my otherwise empty skull ever since, and since I just happened (heh-heh) to have a pine La Cab body sittin' around, the time seemed right (it's a long winter in the northeast--too much time to THINK!).
P2010228_zpsca306bc4.jpg
P2010230_zpsacdf29b6.jpg

So, the idea was to have the body appear to have metal plates on the top, and be semi-hollow--thus the quasi-National Tri-Cone thingy on the upper bout...
P2020234_zps0c5bfd45.jpg
P2020236_zpsdb81a1e3.jpg
P2040229_zps1df4a81b.jpg
P2040231_zpsed7854a1.jpg

So, whoever it was ho posted the original photo of the moth, this is all YOUR FAULT!!!

I love it - especially the shadow effect under the moth.

Is that grey wood stain you used on the metal plates?

It's all Trans-tint dyes (w/alcohol--in the dye, not me...) small areas of the moth and the 'plates' are painted with DecoColor paint markers.

It was this guy:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=20777.0

but you can't sue me for the cost of the parts, it'd cost about as much as me suing you for the idea... :eek:ccasion14:

DUUDE!! I thought you were the culprit!! Thank you & DAMN YOU!!! (Got any more ideas? :toothy12:)

SustainerPlayer said:
Again ->  :eek:

But that pickguard ...  :(
I've also got a blk/wht/blk....final decision hasn't been made...and what pickguard would make YOU happy?

With art as complex as the work you've done here, Mr. Ape, I'd go with black.  Single-ply matte black, to be more particular - but the b/w/b would be preferable to the tortoise shell you've shown here.

Bagman

Bagman67 said:
With art as complex as the work you've done here, Mr. Ape, I'd go with black.  Single-ply matte black, to be more particular - but the b/w/b would be preferable to the tortoise shell you've shown here.
Bagman

I have to respectfully disagree on this one. When I first looked at the pics I was like "Why didn't he do anything to the bottom horn? Then when I saw the scratch plate I was like "Hrrrrmmmm....I think that would look better without a plate.....do more artwork on that side." Just my two cents.
MULLY

Great Ape said:
DUUDE!! I thought you were the culprit!! Thank you & DAMN YOU!!! (Got any more ideas? :toothy12:)
The whole Indian motif and such is pretty cool, but let's kick it up a notch... :headbang1:
ouijaboard-781167.jpg

Back