Warmoth Jam #6

since Max's recording sounded pretty good to me I suggested he get in on the JAM. He said he might, but then found a way out, by saying that the backing is too fast for his liking. So I suggested slowing it down, soloing over it and then speeding it back up. Then I felt like I need to try that out...

SHRED!! :headbang1:

http://www.wfzr.net/warmoth/GoDrex-supafast_pickin.mp3

:laughing7: :laughing3: :laughing11:

GoDrex said:
since Max's recording sounded pretty good to me I suggested he get in on the JAM. He said he might, but then found a way out, by saying that the backing is too fast for his liking. So I suggested slowing it down, soloing over it and then speeding it back up. Then I felt like I need to try that out...

SHRED!! :headbang1:

http://www.wfzr.net/warmoth/GoDrex-supafast_pickin.mp3

:laughing7: :laughing3: :laughing11:

DUDE, this solo is SMOKIN'..... reminds me of Les Paul used to do back in the day when he used to slow down the track, play in pitch & then speed it up for some monster speed burner licks.

I can't do that on my cheapo recording program so I have my work cut out for me, as I 'm trying to chop it up, technique wise to keep up. Darn you GoDerex  :laughing8: Darn you to Hades. :evil4:

hehehehe well that's not my real solo, it's more like a comedy solo :laughing7:

I did stick it in the mix just for the heck of it though...

less than a week left on this one. Looks like me and kboman are the only ones brave (or stupid) enough to do this one... :laughing7:

Mine is coming in a day or two. Having trouble twanging up my playing & getting a good country tone with amplitube.

Thanks  :icon_biggrin:
Unfortunately no Tele, it's my Am Std Strat with the EMG DG-20 set in it  (my only electric guitar), although I've used the EXG and SPC to make it sound a little more Tele like. I'm playing through a Digitech GNX4 with a patch that I've been tweaking for quite some time now. Odd thing the GNX4, because all the presets sound like utter junk but if you spend time with the DNA stuff (i.e. mixing two models to make a new model etc) you can get some pretty good results. That said, I've have got GAS for the line6 HD500 (although we'll see what reviews come back on that one, it's a bit soon yet), and major GAS for the Axe-fx but that's way out of my price range.

Panthur said:
Thanks  :icon_biggrin:
Unfortunately no Tele, it's my Am Std Strat with the EMG DG-20 set in it  (my only electric guitar), although I've used the EXG and SPC to make it sound a little more Tele like. I'm playing through a Digitech GNX4 with a patch that I've been tweaking for quite some time now. Odd thing the GNX4, because all the presets sound like utter junk but if you spend time with the DNA stuff (i.e. mixing two models to make a new model etc) you can get some pretty good results. That said, I've have got GAS for the line6 HD500 (although we'll see what reviews come back on that one, it's a bit soon yet), and major GAS for the Axe-fx but that's way out of my price range.

It's crazy that a start with EMGs can sound so tele-ish. EMGs get a bad rap, but I have them in 3 guitars & can't compalin at all.

I've got to say that I love them and don't understand why they get such bad press. Perhaps they suit my style or something, but I've never had a complaint about the sound.
It's the EXG and SPC that really make the difference though, gives a fantastic range of sound and is great for pushing an amps front end a bit harder etc. EXG and SPC should be renamed 'Twang' and 'Balls', cos that's kinda how it is.
Although when I do eventually get the funds to get my Warmoth, it'll be a LP PAF sorta design, because that's something my guitar just cannot do and I love that sound.

http://www.wfzr.net/warmoth/UWJ6.mp3

the order is GoDrex, kboman, Doughboy, Panthur...

Cool mix! My bit was made the theme I guess?
It's pretty clear which players spent time actually studying the genre for this I think - I just can't bring myself to do bends and double stops -, and also who spends time practicing. Geez you guys are fast :party07: Good playing as usual, can't really pick a favourite.

That sped up solo sounds like what Shawn Lane would have done with this, hehe!

kboman said:
Cool mix! My bit was made the theme I guess?

Yeah that little melody kept getting stuck in my head after hearing it like 20 times. I felt like the thing needed some sort of ending so I stuck that on there for fun.

Cool solos from everyone.  :icon_thumright:

This was the hardest track for me to solo over, since I don't play country at all, but as I learned, when in doubt, do a double stop....y'all  :hello2:

Back