Warmoth Jam #8

works for me  - i figure if you're feeling it, might as well go for it :icon_thumright:

dog that wants to record snores
032cu.jpg

Bump - - come on guys, lets get more than just 4 soloists on this one. I've got 3 in mix already and I'm sure Doughboy will do one. Just jam on it for a day or two and then record something. Use the WatKat plugin - it makes everything sound good hahaha :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
Bump - - come on guys, lets get more than just 4 soloists on this one. I've got 3 in mix already and I'm sure Doughboy will do one. Just jam on it for a day or two and then record something. Use the WatKat plugin - it makes everything sound good hahaha :laughing7:

It's really not that different from the last one we did, except for a few more chords. It's set up for the same slow melodic type soloing. Don't let the Reggae part turn you off. You can solo using any style & it fits.

GoDrex said:

Not to worry, I have some ideas already but no time to record yet.

what sites do you guys use to upload and host your files??? also, what file type do you need? (I have mine in itunes right now)

Well, I will first try this. The first is both my organ and guitar tracks together. (not a W . . . sorry guys. The second file is just geetar. It is my roommate's crapper Ibanez with the high e string missing, but whatev. It's how you play it, not how expensive it is. On that note, the organ is a Hammond M3 (Baby B) that I stole from a craigslist seller for $50. That is the last file.)

note, these are meant to be laid on top of each other, not separately. (like in the full mix version . . . listen and you'll hear why.)

here is one of both the guitar and organ, but without the backing track, in case you need them to be together.

Cool organ solos. I LOVE hammond, Farfisa, Rhodes & Moog keyboards. I almost broke down & bought a Moog guitar until I saw the price tag.

I have a B3 with a 122 and the M3. Both are awesome. you can pick up an M3 for really cheap if you keep your eyes open. (nothing makes that Hammond sound like a good Leslie, though). My next purchase is a Warmoth Strat, then likely a Rhodes after that. Then lots of guitar pedals that can be used in between the guitar, rhodes, or M3 and the Leslie.

yeah, not many people think of playing a Hammond thru guitar pedals, so I hope I can find my own unique sound there.  :icon_thumright:

B3Guy said:
yeah, not many people think of playing a Hammond thru guitar pedals, so I hope I can find my own unique sound there.  :icon_thumright:

I think Jon Lord would agree with you.

Ahhhhh. My soudn card is crackling whenever I record & I need to get it fixed or get a new one, & I really don't want to spend $200 on a new one. I may have it fixed by tonight, if not, I will hopefully have it done by Monday afternoon & will post my solo late Monday night.

Bummer - hope you get it fixed. I always look forward to hearing your solos.

Still time to get in on this one.

GoDrex said:
Bummer - hope you get it fixed. I always look forward to hearing your solos.

Still time to get in on this one.

I think I may have solved the problem temporarily. A few good smacks to the side of my computer seemed to fix the problem for a litle while, so after a couple oh hearty blows, the sound card behaved for about an hour before it started acting up again. So in that time, I was able to cut the solo. It's not as cool as I had hoped, but it is what it is under the circumstances...  :sad:

Back