Spudcaster finale.

Received Warmoth pickguard. Wilde L-90 coming any day. Floyd Rose rail tail trem coming tomorrow (figured why not, found good deal).

So creative. Did you come up with that? I freaking love it.
I was looking for ways to highlight the grain, read about yakisugi/shou sugi bahn in wood working, watched a video and promptly bought a torch. If you like, I can fly over and burn the hell out of anything you own, all for free! I even did my deck! lol

Last edited:
Yup, that's a well-known woodworking technique. I remember my dad making dressers for my brothers and I when we were really young, and we all took turns burning the crap out of them to add our own distinct flavor. It was good fun, and educational!!! My parents still have those dressers.

Wow, really really really terrific looking guitar!

For the pick and L500 pickup, is that a standard humbucker route? Looks for squared off around the edges.
The humbucker route I selected from Warmoth was the "Covered Humbucker" route. Then with files, I had to ever so slightly enlarge it to fit the Wilde L-90.. I had to "square the corners too as the pickup is shaped that way. Here is the new guard, I will have to do the same for the bridge and neck routes. Not very hard, but you can only remove and not add back.IMG_5527.jpg

Ok got the bridge installed. Was not a drop in for me,I had to ease the top/low E side of the trem route for block clearance but so I could shift it a bit for proper string spacing on the neck. While the Fender American Special dropped in perfectly, and actually has a slightly wider block, I needed an extra 1/8 for the Floyd Rose. (yes there was some naughty tater type cursing involved). I am leaving it sit as I expect the neIMG_5537.jpgw pickup tomorrow if USPS is to be believed.

Ok got the bridge installed. Was not a drop in for me,I had to ease the top/low E side of the trem route for block clearance but so I could shift it a bit for proper string spacing on the neck. While the Fender American Special dropped in perfectly, and actually has a slightly wider block, I needed an extra 1/8 for the Floyd Rose. (yes there was some naughty tater type cursing involved). I am leaving it sit as I expect the neView attachment 62100w pickup tomorrow if USPS is to be believed.
I certainly don't wanna point any fingers here, but this trem install is all Raggamuffins fault. He is like oh look at my premium fancy final build, I am just trying to keep up. For Shame!!

Another triumph for Spud. I am spotting a theme in these builds. You could refer to them collectively as Spud's "Hash Browns".

Never seen an S-shaped body without contours that I liked, but I like this one a lot.

Back