Spudcaster finale.

What I remember most were the dogs. It may be a cliche' but dogs really do have a special dislike of the mailman. They smell you everyday and build up a hatred.
I've also wondered if the light and dark shades of blue we wear might have something to do with it. I don't know. But I can't say it's universal with all dogs. For every one that lunges at the mail truck (even if it's not running), there are a handful of dogs that always want me to pet them whenever they see me. One of my favorite dogs on my route is Luna. She LOVES to play catch, and she's incredible. The human inhabitants of the house let her out the front door, and she brings various tennis balls or a frisbee to the end of the driveway. She flicks her head back in order to toss me whatever the chosen object is that day. This has been going on for a couple years now. I've had to limit her to 3 turns, otherwise she would literally play fetch all day. I count them down too; "we got 2 more", "this is your last one", "I gotta go, be a good dog". She's awesome!

By the way, the Spudcaster is looking pretty damn good!!! (y) I don't think the chrome mini-bucker is as in-your-face as I thought it might be. I suppose the chrome tuners and bridge parts keep it from being the only shiny bit. I like it. Good work.

Again, thank you to everyone who has kindly taken the time to help me, encourage me, tease me, and roast me. I stated out crap and grew decent. Been a blast. Keep on building,but don't forget to play too. Also, get outside from time to time dammit! I will probably hang some, but need to get on with other things too. Rick, Raggamuffin, Stratamania, Aaron, Bagman67,Teleme01, Teabursttstd, Johnnyhardtail,440sixpack, Scabpickens, and many others, you rock!!

Spud

Again, thank you to everyone who has kindly taken the time to help me, encourage me, tease me, and roast me. I stated out crap and grew decent. Been a blast. Keep on building,but don't forget to play too. Also, get outside from time to time dammit! I will probably hang some, but need to get on with other things too. Rick, Raggamuffin, Stratamania, Aaron, Bagman67,Teleme01, Teabursttstd, Johnnyhardtail,440sixpack, Scabpickens, and many others, you rock!!

Spud
Happy trails amigo!

Uh..............ya.........I didn't anticipate just how great the Wilde/Lawrence L-90 bridge humbucker was going to sound. So eventually will post pic of guitar with neck L-90 I just ordered. The Duncan will go in a tele neck. ok thas it.

I love the burnt orange colour and design with F-holes. This one came out great.

I’m surprised you put the 250k controls with the SM-3 mini humbucker. I would normally choose 500k, then also raise it closer to the strings. I tried other brands of mini buckers and the SM-1 Firebirds as well, but not the SM-3 yet.

I didn’t know you for long, but I’ll never think of a potato again without thinking about you!!!

I want you to come back and check out my build when I get it done. You can rag on me because it’s not a tele or strat, and we can have a few laughs.

Be well Spud!

I didn’t know you for long, but I’ll never think of a potato again without thinking about you!!!

I want you to come back and check out my build when I get it done. You can rag on me because it’s not a tele or strat, and we can have a few laughs.

Be well Spud!
I cant lay off entirely, I want to see your build my friend.

I love the burnt orange colour and design with F-holes. This one came out great.

I’m surprised you put the 250k controls with the SM-3 mini humbucker. I would normally choose 500k, then also raise it closer to the strings. I tried other brands of mini buckers and the SM-1 Firebirds as well, but not the SM-3 yet.
The Wilde pickups are a different kind of freckle, and depending on what you want to hear, may require different components. I have 500k's on others with them. To get the very most out of them they have a Q mod you can do if you wish. Once you get hooked though, wow!

Back