skull and crossbones neck inlays - cool or cheesy?

Wyliee said:
Would you be interested in other inlay options?  How about a signature in a block at the 12th fret? Or initials in a block at the 12th fret? Did I hear someone say diamonds??

Are you asking if we like the idea, or is this stuff already available? I have a neck planned that will have the equivelent of a sig block on every fret with a dot. So if/when you can do that, I'll be happy.

Doughboy said:
Every time I see skull & cross bones or cross inlays my cholesterol level shoots up due to the high cheese factor.  :doh:
Guess I should no post up my collection of full size pirate flags

Found a pic of Magnums Shirt, wanna inlay this?
junglebird3w_718x600_op_640x534.jpg

mullyman said:
Street Avenger said:
I really don't get the fascination with skulls & crossbones. I do happen to think it's cheesy. It also screams (in my opinion) of  immaturity.

I think "screaming immaturity" is a bit much. In my opinion people like what they like. I don't see why anyone's age has to come into it. I do think the skull is a bit cheesey though. I also think it's something that might look really cool at first but after a bit of time you'd grow tired of looking at it. Not to mention it could so easily go out of style.....although when I see that skull on there I immediately think 80's. God knows I love the 80's, that was my decade, but some things need to stay there. Mullets come to mind. Anyway, I look at a fingerboard the same as a watch face. Sure, it might be cool to buy the fancy colored face on a watch but in another 10, 20, 30 years the standard black or white face will still be rockin' it while your blues, maroons etc... will have long ago faded away.
MULLY
and I'm talking about a watch that you'll still be wearing in another 30 years like a Breitling, Rolex etc....

I really don't know why people talk such trash about "mullets", a word that didn't even exist back in the '80s.  I don't happen to have one myself (my hair is long all over), but there was never anything wrong with that hairstyle, and I personally will never let other people dictate to me how "we are wearing our hair" from one decade to the next. I'll decide that for myself. I thinks it absolute B.S. that other people get to decide what's "in style", and everyone else follows suit.

I happen to think shaved heads and goat-herder beards are LAME (everybody and his brother has one these days), but if that's how someone wants to look, that is their choice, and more power to them. I'm not gonna trash-talk that "style" every chance I get.

bagman67 said:
Jusatele said:
cheesy would be a a cow drinking out of  pitcher of Corona and Cheese coming out her udders

wow, A cheese guitar. now that would be a Killer idea, with skulls and cross bones

No jolly roger, but it's cheese all right - Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal's heavily modified Ibanez Roadstar:
bfoot-cheese3.jpg

Bagman
That's actually kinda cool, and I used to have a yellow Roadstar.... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
bagman67 said:
Jusatele said:
cheesy would be a a cow drinking out of  pitcher of Corona and Cheese coming out her udders

wow, A cheese guitar. now that would be a Killer idea, with skulls and cross bones

No jolly roger, but it's cheese all right - Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal's heavily modified Ibanez Roadstar:
bfoot-cheese3.jpg

Bagman
That's actually kinda cool, and I used to have a yellow Roadstar.... :icon_thumright:

It started life, apparently, as a pretty innocuous Strat copy in natural finish:  http://www.bumblefoot.com/gear/guitar04.htm

Bagman

Street Avenger said:
I'm not gonna trash-talk that "style" every chance I get.

I think that post was the first time I ever typed the word "mullet" on this forum.
MULLY
have had it long and short but never in a mullet. I'd grow it long again now if my job would allow it

mullyman said:
Street Avenger said:

I think that post was the first time I ever typed the word "mullet" on this forum.
MULLY
have had it long and short but never in a mullet. I'd grow it long again now if my job would allow it

I wasn't saying that You were trash-talking it every chance you get. I made that comment because I hear people saying that all the time. There were things in the '80s that were a hell of a LOT more stupid than "mullets".

Men in Hot pink tube tops being an acceptable fashion to wear to a concert... being one of them.

Street Avenger said:
mullyman said:
Street Avenger said:

MULLY

I wasn't saying that You were trash-talking it every chance you get. I made that comment because I hear people saying that all the time. There were things in the '80s that were a hell of a LOT more stupid than "mullets".

Yeah, but c'mon, you gotta admit, the mullet is pretty messed up. I hated that hair style even when it was the thing to do.
MULLY

MULLY circa 1988
69449145637501094712804.jpg

My wife has pictures on the wall of me with a Mullet, Actually the worse ones are the Big hair pictures, Yes at one time I tried to make Aqua Net a top 500 company by buying so much
I keep threatening her to grow it out again.

Jusatele said:
My wife has pictures on the wall of me with a Mullet, Actually the worse ones are the Big hair pictures, Yes at one time I tried to make Aqua Net a top 500 company by buying so much
I keep threatening her to grow it out again.
Business in the front and party in the back... :icon_thumright:

mullyman said:
Street Avenger said:
mullyman said:
Street Avenger said:

MULLY

Yeah, but c'mon, you gotta admit, the mullet is pretty messed up. I hated that hair style even when it was the thing to do.
MULLY

MULLY circa 1988
69449145637501094712804.jpg

did you just crop carmen electra OUT of a picture?! :icon_biggrin: i remember you had a picture with her

I did.

three times.

once when I was 10, because I thought it was cool.

once again when I was 13... right before I grew it all out...

and once again at 19.

just to be obnixious.

JaySwear said:
did you just crop carmen electra OUT of a picture?! :icon_biggrin: i remember you had a picture with her

Yeah, I cropped her out. Tell ya why too. I don't like thinking that someone might be sitting there thinking "That MULLY sure is a show off. Always trying to impress people etc..." I posted her once, if someone wants to see her again I'll gladly put her out there. hehe!!
MULLY

mullyman said:
JaySwear said:

Yeah, I cropped her out. Tell ya why too. I don't like thinking that someone might be sitting there thinking "That MULLY sure is a show off. Always trying to impress people etc..." I posted her once, if someone wants to see her again I'll gladly put her out there. hehe!!
MULLY

haha it's alright, i'm just kidding with you. just thought it was funny somebody would crop her out of a picture :icon_biggrin:

Disco Scottie said:
Wyliee said:
Would you be interested in other inlay options?  How about a signature in a block at the 12th fret? Or initials in a block at the 12th fret? Did I hear someone say diamonds??

Are you asking if we like the idea, or is this stuff already available? I have a neck planned that will have the equivelent of a sig block on every fret with a dot. So if/when you can do that, I'll be happy.

Just if you like the idea.  Always gathering input!

Back