skull and crossbones neck inlays - cool or cheesy?

I think it's pretty cheesy (in a bad way), I usually like overly cheesy things (I'm in the middle of an 80's styled BC Rich type build right now), but those inlays just make me cringe. 

nanos_cheese_product2.jpg

I've got them on my KH-202, they make me think I'm a badass...but then I start playing and the feeling goes away.

skulls are cool......no cheesey, cheesey is in Wis. nothing cool there but the weather.... :icon_biggrin:

It could be cheesy, it could be cool.. it depends on what you do with it.. I'm thinking a sonic blue Jazz master with white pick guard  nickel tuners and a bound rosewood board would rock the skull and bones.. but on a V predictable!

cheesy would be a a cow drinking out of  pitcher of Corona and Cheese coming out her udders

wow, A cheese guitar. now that would be a Killer idea, with skulls and cross bones

be classy. get a really nice fingerboard with no inlay.

[/quote]

Agreed.. I LOVEEEEEE the lack of inlays. It's a much cleaner look.

The inlay section definitely needs to be updated though. Or the prices lower. Or both  :laughing7:

I wouldn't put the skull and bones on though.. That's just me.

I would do a Skull and cross bones if it was just one , centered on the 12th fret, it would be a killer centerpiece,,  now skulls all the way down the neck would be cheesy

thats why I asked if anyone had done just the one, and if it cost different, 90 for a hole neck inlay is fine, but just for the 12th...

I would hope it costs less!

AGWAN said:
thats why I asked if anyone had done just the one, and if it cost different, 90 for a hole neck inlay is fine, but just for the 12th...

I would hope it costs less!
Yes 90 is high, but for a good quality center one, maybe 3 frets wide, would 45 be fair? I am speaking a nice inlay not some cheesy wanna be, but then not a artist work either.

Yeah, 50 or less for this.

I would GLADLY pay 50 for something Custom I wanted. just on the 12th!

Particularly this logo...
(maybe over 3 fret spaces, like the Jolly Roger)

Birthday_Massacre_iPhone_WP_by_de_fused.jpg

AGWAN said:
Yeah, 50 or less for this.

I would GLADLY pay 50 for something Custom I wanted. just on the 12th!

Particularly this logo...
(maybe over 3 fret spaces, like the Jolly Roger)

Birthday_Massacre_iPhone_WP_by_de_fused.jpg

Hell I'd even pay 90-100 for something custom like that.
I just feel that the "Custom inlays" are the ONE thing from warmoth where you don't get what you pay for.

SAME!

I just wonder if its something a luthier will do without taking your firstborn/sucking at it.

Cletus said:
David said:
I can't make up my mind on the skull and crossbone inlays.  Sometimes I like them and other times I think they are cliche or that I would grow tired of them after a while.  I am thinking they might look nice on my next telecaster, but just can't decide.  What is the opinion on the board?

be classy. get a really nice fingerboard with no inlay.

magnum.jpg

Speaking of classy, how about a Tom Selleck 12th fret inlay?  Huh?!

Back