Don Rich Silver Sparkle telecaster pickguard - single or three ply?

Silver aluminum guard, or black............................IMO

Thanks!

Been playing this thing for awhile now and I gotta say for a slab of wood that's covered in metallic poly, not to mention a big hole routed out the back, it's amazingly resonant!
That’s just an extra sound hole or heavy back chambering to lighten the load. 😂 rock on!

Just used it for rehearsal. This thing sounds as bright as it looks! Really cuts - might have to figure a way to tone that down...

I love a tele that cuts ... curious what you have in mind. I've gone the other way with a treble bleed circuit, but that adds highs and fullness at low volume. I'm no expert on resistors but maybe there's a way to go in the other direction?

The other things I've done is change strings, replace saddles with something by graphtech both helped reign in the highs. Of course, you have changing the pups, but man I love a tele that zings.

I love a tele that cuts ... curious what you have in mind. I've gone the other way with a treble bleed circuit, but that adds highs and fullness at low volume. I'm no expert on resistors but maybe there's a way to go in the other direction?

The other things I've done is change strings, replace saddles with something by graphtech both helped reign in the highs. Of course, you have changing the pups, but man I love a tele that zings.
CAPACITOR wired in parallel will move the resonant frequency lower. EASY PEASY.

Last edited:
a treble bleed circuit, but that adds highs and fullness at low volume.

To be accurate, it does not actually add highs it just allows the highs to "bleed" through or be retained when the pot is turned down, which without the treble bleed would meen the highs would go to ground.

To add highs would require an active circuit to boost the highs.

Back