skull and crossbones neck inlays - cool or cheesy?

Wyliee said:
Disco Scottie said:
Wyliee said:
Would you be interested in other inlay options?  How about a signature in a block at the 12th fret? Or initials in a block at the 12th fret? Did I hear someone say diamonds??

Are you asking if we like the idea, or is this stuff already available? I have a neck planned that will have the equivelent of a sig block on every fret with a dot. So if/when you can do that, I'll be happy.

Just if you like the idea.  Always gathering input!

i absolutely do! the more options available (without slowing down production) the better.

I once rocked a mullet.  In my defense, it was 1990 and actually in style.  It's like bellbottoms, we're embarassed now, but who knew at the time.  Luckily, I saw the fad dying and was not one of the guys trying to keep it going.  I still see mullets to this day.  Jeesh!

Actually, if you look at it, A Mullet makes sense, your hair up top is not getting in the way and you can have the length, the problem with them is that the design works, just the carry out sucks, and then every time you watch Cops on TV some guy with no shirt on, wearing a mullet that has not been washed in 2 days, half drunk and living in a trailer with no skirting and a broken down truck in front is getting arrested for Domestic violence.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I once rocked a mullet.  In my defense, it was 1990 and actually in style.  It's like bellbottoms, we're embarassed now, but who knew at the time.  Luckily, I saw the fad dying and was not one of the guys trying to keep it going.  I still see mullets to this day.  Jeesh!

Yeah, wouldn't wanna continue to do something if everybody else isn't doing it. Just turn on the TV and wait for further instructions.     

Jusatele said:
Actually, if you look at it, A Mullet makes sense, your hair up top is not getting in the way and you can have the length, the problem with them is that the design works, just the carry out sucks, and then every time you watch Cops on TV some guy with no shirt on, wearing a mullet that has not been washed in 2 days, half drunk and living in a trailer with no skirting and a broken down truck in front is getting arrested for Domestic violence.

Or a wife-beater shirt.  :laughing11:

Street Avenger said:
Yeah, wouldn't wanna continue to do something if everybody else isn't doing it. Just turn on the TV and wait for further instructions.     

You know what I mean.  Nonconformity for the sake of nonconformity gets tiring and you end up looking like the all the other nonconformists.  Go ahead, grow your mullet.

it's true. all jean-jacket-wearing mohawk-haired nonconformist punk rockers look alike. and even people without TV's know mullets aren't cool.

Well since I don't see a lot of people sporting "mullets", there's not much danger of that happening, is there?

Oh, and I like my hair the way it is. If I wanted a "mullet", I'd already have one...

I take some of what I said earlier. I just saw a skull and crossbones that would be kinda cool. Now THAT might even be worth messing up a no-inlay neck with a single inlay at the 12th.

swarfrat said:
I take some of what I said earlier. I just saw a skull and crossbones that would be kinda cool. Now THAT might even be worth messing up a no-inlay neck with a single inlay at the 12th.

Teenage Mutant Pirate Turtles?

swarfrat said:
How about on a neck plate........ :laughing7:

Cletus said:
swarfrat said:

More like pre-pubescent mutant pirate turtles. What's next for inlays? Rainbow Brite? Barbie? Aqua Man? I mean, skulls and crossbones? C'mon! What are we here, 9 year olds? LOL! Get a grip.

Cagey said:
Cletus said:
swarfrat said:

More like pre-pubescent mutant pirate turtles. What's next for inlays? Rainbow Brite? Barbie? Aqua Man? I mean, skulls and crossbones? C'mon! What are we here, 9 year olds? LOL! Get a grip.
We're all kids at heart, if your not that's great go take some geritol and have an ensure... :icon_thumright:

Oh come on, have you guys ever built a Warmoth, or did they just start shipping this little warning paper recently?
"Caution
Important instructions
Read this information first before you play with the new toys"

And I have been trying to figure out what in the world to get for a custom neckplate. The fact that the neck plate is on the back makes me more inclined to consider something really whimsical like that.

swarfrat said:
Oh come on, have you guys ever built a Warmoth, or did they just start shipping this little warning paper recently?
"Caution
Important instructions

And I have been trying to figure out what in the world to get for a custom neckplate. The fact that the neck plate is on the back makes me more inclined to consider something really whimsical like that.
I love it,  Just ask RS if it can be done he can do it

swarfrat said:
"Caution
Important instructions

Wouldn't be a problem.... :icon_biggrin:

Cagey said:
Cletus said:
swarfrat said:

Cagey, come on, we all have our likes and desires, I collect pewter dragons and wizards. Why? I do not know they beckon back to a day when fantasies were real. besides that is my Zippo collection more adult? Or the act that I collect custom handmade knifes? How about guys who have 30 guitars? how often do you need 30 guitars?
I admit that I may not like the ninja turtle with crossbones, but then if he does, go for it.

Hmmm it's starting to grow on me.
index.php

Jusatele said:
Cagey, come on, we all have our likes and desires, I collect pewter dragons and wizards. Why? I do not know they beckon back to a day when fantasies were real. besides that is my Zippo collection more adult? Or the act that I collect custom handmade knifes? How about guys who have 30 guitars? how often do you need 30 guitars?
I admit that I may not like the ninja turtle with crossbones, but then if he does, go for it.

All you guys are right. I thought about it and then remembered I wanted a Dangerous neck plate with Homer Simpson advising that one should "Tune it, or die!" So, what the hell am I talking about? I'm the pot calling the kettle black, eh? <grin>

Back