On Fire Flame Thinline

NonsenseTele said:
:sad: Man, why? :sad:

Hate 3 color burst... but a killer job as usual

Yeah as awesome as that looks, I wish you had skipped the red. Now I can only give this guitar a 9.9 out of 10. Or tobacco. Seriously how cool is tobacco burst? But that's why ice cream comes in different flavors.

Anyway I look forward to seeing the finished project

Fantastic work, your patience and talent are easily apparent. Can't wait to see the next steps...

dwayneed said:
Fantastic work, your patience and talent are easily apparent. Can't wait to see the next steps...

I concur with this!  :icon_thumright:

Hey Tonar

Did you use Bulls Eye seal coat on this like you had suggested for Mayfly's green tele? Im curious. Also, is the back bursted?

awsome! :icon_thumright:

Brian

Did you use Bulls Eye seal coat on this like you had suggested for Mayfly's green tele? Im curious. Also, is the back bursted?

Thank you all again for the kind words and Fernando I still love you!

Brian, I did not use Seal Coat on this.  I only use that if I need a barrier coat or am trying to deal with surface contamination.  This was sealed with wash coats of lacquer after the wood was dyed.  The sides and back are going to be bursted separately because I want to control over spray to all surfaces.  I’ll post pictures when I get them done.  I’m going to do the sides like a Gibson Jazz Guitar sunburst instead of the typical all black side that Fender would do on this type of guitar.

Tonar8353 said:

Thank you all again for the kind words and Fernando I still love you!

Brian, I did not use Seal Coat on this.  I only use that if I need a barrier coat or am trying to deal with surface contamination.  This was sealed with wash coats of lacquer after the wood was dyed.  The sides and back are going to be bursted separately because I want to control over spray to all surfaces.  I’ll post pictures when I get them done.  I’m going to do the sides like a Gibson Jazz Guitar sunburst instead of the typical all black side that Fender would do on this type of guitar.
Elaborate :p

Tonar8353 said:
Fernando I still love you!

Didn't tried to be a arse :tard:
It's a terrific job again from you, but black-red-yellow don't make me smile :sad:
But you're still the star of finish! :D

Well how can he impress you, Nando?  You only like clear finishes anyway...  :help:

dbw said:
Well how can he impress you, Nando?  You only like clear finishes anyway...  :help:

He impressed me on every two tone burst he did... also the solid colors and etc... just don't like black-red-yellow burst :icon_scratch:

Hardware is in, now I need to really get going on this thing.

IMG_3913.jpg

Ew. The belt buckle hardware is so totally not my thing. I was loving this a lot more when I pictured normal hardware.

I like how it looks, but I think standard chrome hardware and a white pickguard would look best.  :icon_thumright:

Can't believe in my eyes!!!
I'm liking a three tone burst :eek:
The cheese I just ate must have LSD :laughing7:

Tonar, you score beautifully on this one! Sorry for the lack of believe :sad:

NonsenseTele said:
Can't believe in my eyes!!!
I'm liking a three tone burst :eek:
The cheese I just ate must have LSD :laughing7:

Tonar, you score beautifully on this one! Sorry for the lack of believe :sad:
Keep on with the cheese Nando!

Back