On Fire Flame Thinline

Yes it's El Dorado hardware. 

Fernando, I knew you would come around especially after you see the finished product.  You came over to the dark side faster than I thought.

You know what? I don't like tortoise shell pg's, don't really care for the hardware style either,
but I think that the whole thing together looks awesome!! Can't wait to see it completed!

I am going to finish this guitar one of these days.  I finally got the sides and back bursted and now it is ready for clear.  Maybe I’ll put it under the Christmas tree for myself.
IMG_5337.jpg

I don't know how in the world I missed this thread?  :icon_scratch:

All that I can say is OMG...
That is really an awsome tele  :headbang:
I can honestly say that has got to be among the top 3 that I have ever seen.
I to, am not a big fan of that type of hardware, but the flame and your work is amazing!
That would be a great Christmas gift.
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

Tonar, your work is ridiculously great.  I'm curious - did you countersink the ferrule holes or did somebody else?

Yeah, I missed it the first time 'round. LOVE the top. Actually my favorite is the sides. I like how the fade happens more than once on the sides.

When I saw the unfinished pics from the beginning, I thought ,"that grain is so tight, let's paint it plaid!"  :tard:

Very classy, I'm not usually partial to Teles, but this guy is really classy, :glasses9:

I'm curious - did you countersink the ferrule holes or did somebody else?
No I had that done by my set-up guy.  

Actually my favorite is the sides. I like how the fade happens more than once on the sides.
Thank you MUYFUE. I tried to match the pattern of the side burst to my 1959 ES 350T.  When I finished the sides several months ago I was not sure I like it and almost shot them completely black like a stock Fender.  I let it hang and asked opinions of everyone that came in and the overwhelming reply was “its great”.  Now that I have finally finished the back I am very glad I left it alone.  It looks great together.

I have waffled back and forth about darkening up the top but I think I’m staying with what I have.  The color changes so much depending on the direction the wood is being viewed because of the outrages quality of the flame maple that I’m afraid I’ll mess it up if a change it.

tfarny said:
Ew. The belt buckle hardware is so totally not my thing. I was loving this a lot more when I pictured normal hardware.
I can hang with the belt buckle hardware, but the pick guard is just making me....
banghead.gif

I finally get to pick it up today after the final set up.  This is what it looked like before it was sent out to get the fret level, bone nut and final set up.  I’ll post final assembly pictures later today or tomorrow.

IMG_5830.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

i think i just wet myself.... :toothy11:

Nice JOB!

One comment...you do all that hard work and then send it out for assembly?  I would not want anyone touching that baby if i had done all the hard finishing work!  Can we teach you how to use a sodering gun??

Back