New Suhr "Custom Configurator" tool

Here I'm visualizing how I might mix up the look on my "Gold Digger" in the future; black guard and cream humbuckers

t3ui5Xe.png

I was just looking at that a couple days ago. Over 4 grand for one l, and not even a fancy top. I'll stick with Warmoth.

it really nice tool for visualizing idea , I hope Warmoth bring back the visualizing tool on old web site too ,
I believe their have align bridge and Neck Pocket on all photo in same pixels Location , so other PNG image can lay on top of it to change visualizing, I have done that on same interactive CD Rom multimedia back in old days , it not easy to do in this frequently changing standard, open web page environment, it made web developer missing the good old Flash .

Suhr tool has fancy top , but in 6 grand .
suhr.jpg

I like Halo's visualizer better. Much easier to use, and they have more options (like the extreme pointy body shapes that I like :D )

For anyone wondering if you want a Floyd Rose, with a locknut, you need to choose the locknut separately under necks and the nut option.

wow this tool is as hot n fresh as a little caesar pi' (short for pizza pie). didnt realize that Shur gits had gotten that pricey, but they do good stuff. i am always willing to pay good when i can't diy it myself, so I'm not #complaining.

like a few years ago i got my leg bit by a Doberman (type of dog) while buying a used 90s Peavey solo series Bandit from someones house on Craig's List. It was a really good deal so i was a little suss, but went anyway. when i got there, there was this lady with dreadlocks covered in tats and body piercings hoolahooping on a blue painters tarp covered in mashed potatoes in his back yard while some kid hosed her down. not sure if she mashed them herself with her feet or if they were premashed and just spread onto the tarp. Didn't think to ask. I had to wait a while for him to get there hence i thought may as well watch the show when the guy's dog came outta nowhere, lunged at me and bit my leg. didn't break the skin, tho, as my Jean shorts are pretty heavyweight denim that i actually staple together with material from a second pair of shorts to create an impregnable double thick layer of denim (long story how that came about). he knocked another $20 off the price, which was a pretty cool bro move, but I'd rather pay full price than do a dog attack and almost spill my travel ranch.

so anyway, sometimes paying a premium for things u r passionate about it is well worth it. the worst thing that ever happened at my usual gear hook-up was ending up as his plumbing apprentice for a few months until it got weird (story for another time). but that was still preferable to a dog bite. havent hoola'ed a hoop in years.

I do check in with that guy from time to time and the dog is still alive, so at least it doesn't have rabies. he said it wants to taste me again.

Edit: we should really call them Doberdogs, not Doberman or Dobermen, since they're not humans

Last edited:
Back