So… I’m going to be “that guy”

Yes. That is the one. I really wanted the FR Soloist but they were gone immediately.

Oh you logged on a few minutes too late then if both the OFR soloist bodies were sold out. Did you get your body yet? I just opened up my box a few days ago and found a possible finish issue.

Oh you logged on a few minutes too late then if both the OFR soloist bodies were sold out. Did you get your body yet? I just opened up my box a few days ago and found a possible finish issue.
No, I was logged on when the email came out, but I looked at every body. The one soloist I wanted was one of the first gone. I think there were still 14 left when I got my Strat. However, coming in I was targeting a rear route 510 HSS Strat, so I got what i originally wanted. The soloist made me consider two which caused the delay!

Good luck with your body, hope they can repair it. I ordered a full custom neck and put it all on one order with the hardware so it comes at the same time. I think I’m still eight weeks away.

Last edited:
No, I was logged on when the email came out, but I looked at every body. The one soloist I wanted was one of the first gone. I think there were still 14 left when I got my Strat. However, coming in I was targeting a rear route 510 HSS Strat, so I got what i originally wanted. The soloist made me consider two which caused the delay!

Good luck with your body, hope they can repair it. I ordered a full custom neck and put it all on one order with the hardware so it comes at the same time. I think I’m still eight weeks away.

8 weeks will fly by really quick, it gives you some time to consider other things and day dream other builds 😁 I got a rear route 510 HSS as well. Congratulations on your purchase, these guitars are going to be very cool when they are done. I had ordered a Warren De Martini Trembucker pickup for the 510 trem. I decided that I will be going for all white plastics on this guitar and white pickups. What type of knobs are you going for?What about your pickups?

8 weeks will fly by really quick, it gives you some time to consider other things and day dream other builds 😁 I got a rear route 510 HSS as well. Congratulations on your purchase, these guitars are going to be very cool when they are done. I had ordered a Warren De Martini Trembucker pickup for the 510 trem. I decided that I will be going for all white plastics on this guitar and white pickups. What type of knobs are you going for?What about your pickups?
My inspiration is Suhr, so I’m going gold tuners/bridge/knobs and black EMG 89/SA/SA. Hopefully all three body mounted, I’m going to try that FU-Tone PMS bar for the 89.

My inspiration is Suhr, so I’m going gold tuners/bridge/knobs and black EMG 89/SA/SA. Hopefully all three body mounted, I’m going to try that FU-Tone PMS bar for the 89.

How will you mount the single coils in to the body? I also decided to try the PMS system for my trembucker but I need to figure out the single coil situation.

How will you mount the single coils in to the body? I also decided to try the PMS system for my trembucker but I need to figure out the single coil situation.
I forgot what the screw thread/diameter it is, but several people have posted here in the past of one that fits the threaded inserts. Then foam on the back.

I forgot what the screw thread/diameter it is, but several people have posted here in the past of one that fits the threaded inserts. Then foam on the back.
threaded inserts and tele pickup screws by chance? I think I heard of something similar to that in the past. I'll check in with you in the future to see how your build is going.

threaded inserts and tele pickup screws by chance? I think I heard of something similar to that in the past. I'll check in with you in the future to see how your build is going.

You would use Tele pickup mounting screws directly through the humbuckers into the wood. Threaded inserts would need to use the corresponding machine screws.

You would use Tele pickup mounting screws directly through the humbuckers into the wood. Threaded inserts would need to use the corresponding machine screws.
Hi guys, I meant the threaded inserts in the EMG plastic wings. It may be Tele neck mount screws but I thought they were smaller. @Mincer did them on his build if I recall correctly.

Hi guys, I meant the threaded inserts in the EMG plastic wings. It may be Tele neck mount screws but I thought they were smaller. @Mincer did them on his build if I recall correctly.

Yes, Tele neck mounting screws should fit through the threaded inserts in the pickups themselves. They then screw into the wood.

Threaded inserts in the body would need to use the corresponding machine screws, if those also are small enough to pass through the inserts in the pickups, then the pickup threads remain intact.

Back