So… I’m going to be “that guy”

dsn716

… with yet another (probably futile) attempt at influencing the next big thing at Warmoth.

1. More 7/8 body options. Soloist in particular.
2. More roasted wood options. Roasted mahogany in particular.
3. The return of the unique choice for lam tops in the custom builders.

I get it that it takes a great deal of time (and money) to get anything new 100% before offering it as an available option. And I’m sure they are still crazy busy with orders for what they currently offer.
But these are my top 3 that I’d like to see as the newest innovations at Warmoth. Curious what everyone else’s top 3 are.

Out of those, the only interest is 1 and 3

First 3 as it was a previous ability. Before I dump an extra $250 on a unique Flame Koa top, I’d like to see it.

Next would be 7/8 Soloist. That would make the next planned build a slam dunk.

I’d say no to more blow out sales. I want the W to stay profitable and and available. I’d say yes to better prediction on pre-builds to minimize the need to blow out slow moving items.

A Soloist body is already quite small, and more streamlined from a Strat body, so why a 7/8?
I definitely agree with suggestion #2.

I’m meh on roasted mahogany, but royal blackwood (roasted purpleheart) as a fretboard option I’m sold on. Roasted spruce lam tops would be cool.

1. Lower shipping costs to outside the US.
  2. Lower shipping costs for small items outside the US.
  3. 10 to 14”, radius option and alternative materials such as richlite etc.

Cool....the wish list

Meadowhawk bodies and necks available for sale
Agree on the 7/8, in wanting more body options
7/8 tiltback necks (I do not like the side adjust doo hickey, and like to carve my own neck heel in the way of the Fender Elite)
Agree on # 3 also
The off menu stuff quickly gets expensive, when other companies doing the same don't charge extra

… with yet another (probably futile) attempt at influencing the next big thing at Warmoth.

1. More 7/8 body options. Soloist in particular.
2. More roasted wood options. Roasted mahogany in particular.
3. The return of the unique choice for lam tops in the custom builders.

I get it that it takes a great deal of time (and money) to get anything new 100% before offering it as an available option. And I’m sure they are still crazy busy with orders for what they currently offer.
But these are my top 3 that I’d like to see as the newest innovations at Warmoth. Curious what everyone else’s top 3 are.

I typically don't respond to "wish list" threads because any time I do the typical result is even more wishes, each one crazier and more improbable than the last, with me having to explain why each one is unlikely to happen.

But I'm feeling frisky today.

1. Not likely to happen. The 7/8 parts will likely live as they are - a "suite" of two bodies and a neck - for some time. Unless demand suddenly skyrockets....which I don't see happening.
2. Not likely to happen. We don't roast wood ourselves, so there has to be a reliable source for anything we offer.
3. We do hope to bring this back, but it will likely be some time before it happens.

Out of those, the only interest is 1 and 3

First 3 as it was a previous ability. Before I dump an extra $250 on a unique Flame Koa top, I’d like to see it.

Next would be 7/8 Soloist. That would make the next planned build a slam dunk.

First: Even if UC comes back, Koa is not likely to be among the choices. Highly flamed Koa has become nearly unattainable. Heck, even regular Koa has become nearly unattainable. We'll likely be living off our stores for some time, and meting it out slowly via limited releases. Speaking of which....keep your eyes peeled in the next month or so.

Next: Not likely. See above post.

1. More blowout sales
2. I love the blowout sales
3. If you could please limit the blowout
sales to 1 or 2 per year (for sake of my
marriage).

I’d say no to more blow out sales. I want the W to stay profitable and and available. I’d say yes to better prediction on pre-builds to minimize the need to blow out slow moving items.

I do like my job and hope to have it for some time.

Better prediction is not the issue most of the time. We know what sells, but the process is more difficult than getting a dozen cheeseburger under the heat lamp before the lunch rush. It's a balance between what things we know will sell, what things production can handle based on the current workload in the various departments, and what raw materials are reasonably accessible at any given time.

Think of it this way:
Boss: I need a dozen Quarter Pounders with Cheese.
Production: Can't do it. Cheese is not accessible right now.
Boss: OK, give me six Quarter Pounders without cheese.
Production: OK, but we've already got twenty of those under way. You sure you want more?
Boss: Hmm. Probably not. What about Filet o' Fish?
Production: We can do those, but we're low on tartar sauce.
Boss: OK. Make as many as you can until the tartar sauce runs out.
Production: Oh...wait....we have cheese now.
Boss: Great! Give me those dozen Quarter Pounders with Cheese now!
Production: Ooops, can't. We just used the last of the buns on those Filet o' Fish, and the fry cook called in sick today.

I do like my job and hope to have it for some time.

Better prediction is not the issue most of the time. We know what sells, but the process is more difficult that getting a dozen cheeseburger under the heat lamp before the lunch rush. It's a balance between what things we know will sell, what things production can handle based on the current workload in the various departments, and what raw materials are reasonably accessible at any given time.

Think of it this way:
Boss: I need a dozen Quarter Pounders with Cheese.
Production: Can't do it. Cheese is not accessible right now.
Boss: OK, give me six Quarter Pounders without cheese.
Production: OK, but we've already got twenty of those under way. You sure you want more?
Boss: Hmm. Probably not. What about Filet o' Fish?
Production: We can do those, but we're low on tartar sauce.
Boss: OK. Make as many as you can until the tartar sauce runs out.
Production: Oh...wait....we have cheese now.
Boss: Great! Give me those dozen Quarter Pounders with Cheese now!
Production: Ooops, can't. We just used the last of the buns of the Filet o' Fish, and the fry cook called in sick today.
The thing is I enjoy Quarter Pounders with cheese on occasion, but not Filet O'Fish. I hope this can be of some help.

Honestly, after some soul searching, I would be willing to have a Filet O' Fish if I was quite hungry.

First: Even if UC comes back, Koa is not likely to be among the choices. Highly flamed Koa has become nearly unattainable. Heck, even regular Koa has become nearly unattainable. We'll likely be living off our stores for some time, and meting it out slowly via limited releases. Speaking of which....keep your eyes peeled in the next month or so.

Next: Not likely. See above post.
So are you saying if I want a fancy koa top, I need to act quickly? Now the question is 7/8 Strat or Soloist

My goodness, it's almost like supply chain management and logistics are part of some....businessy....thing.....

Who knew?

;)

(I tell all of the baby and junior IT kids this all the time, that IT is as much about business process -- if not more so -- than just playing with the shiny electronic stuff....but they still don't listen because I'm a old guy and what do I know?)

Back