New Suhr "Custom Configurator" tool

The setup is what will make or break it in terms of high-end quality.
That’s kind of what I was wondering in my thread I posted a while ago. If I use high end components (bodies and necks from Warmoth, electronics from the top of the line suppliers and functional parts from the same sources, like the 510 trem, etc.) and have the neck and frets prepped to a high level then setup well, there’s really nothing separating them, right?

That’s kind of what I was wondering in my thread I posted a while ago. If I use high end components (bodies and necks from Warmoth, electronics from the top of the line suppliers and functional parts from the same sources, like the 510 trem, etc.) and have the neck and frets prepped to a high level then setup well, there’s really nothing separating them, right?

You might be able to achieve similar levels of playability if you are able to do excellent fretwork and put in the time for attention to detail, which many do not. Though, it is a good standard to aim for. Perhaps go and play some Suhr's and take a look at the details etc.

However, they are not the same, a Suhr for example has a lifetime warranty on necks, a Warmoth does not. A number of Suhr's such as a Classic S are based on classic designs but they do not adhere to vintage specs and many of the "design" idiosyncrasies have been taken care of.

Back