So… I’m going to be “that guy”

They are pre-routed, but many are for various kinds of trems. Last I checked we did have some Koa headstock lams available, but that was a couple years ago. I feel like we probably still do, but you'll have to call and see what is available currently.
So the koa is already utilized in bodies? None for custom builds?
Was wanting a Soloist with the NFT recessed Floyd. SSH (wood mount), 24 fret shift.

Out of those, the only interest is 1 and 3

First 3 as it was a previous ability. Before I dump an extra $250 on a unique Flame Koa top, I’d like to see it.

Next would be 7/8 Soloist. That would make the next planned build a slam dunk.

I definitely agree, with the full spectrum of Koa and even "high grade koa" I need to see the top finished in gloss or oil rubbed before I buy it. I have no problem paying $875+ for a lam top body if the grain and flame is to my standard of Koa.

I could not and would not be interested in gambling a deposit.

I do like my job and hope to have it for some time.

Better prediction is not the issue most of the time. We know what sells, but the process is more difficult than getting a dozen cheeseburger under the heat lamp before the lunch rush. It's a balance between what things we know will sell, what things production can handle based on the current workload in the various departments, and what raw materials are reasonably accessible at any given time.

Think of it this way:
Boss: I need a dozen Quarter Pounders with Cheese.
Production: Can't do it. Cheese is not accessible right now.
Boss: OK, give me six Quarter Pounders without cheese.
Production: OK, but we've already got twenty of those under way. You sure you want more?
Boss: Hmm. Probably not. What about Filet o' Fish?
Production: We can do those, but we're low on tartar sauce.
Boss: OK. Make as many as you can until the tartar sauce runs out.
Production: Oh...wait....we have cheese now.
Boss: Great! Give me those dozen Quarter Pounders with Cheese now!
Production: Ooops, can't. We just used the last of the buns on those Filet o' Fish, and the fry cook called in sick today.

Gosh darn it, I do not eat fast food and especially not fake quarter pounders but now you got me wanting a grass fed burger, time to bake some burger buns and whip up some homemade ketchup and mayo

7/8 soloist! Here is your 24 fret super strat to woo that crowd.
offer at least the warmoth tiltback On it as well.

Meadowhawk bodies and necks. Stop torturing us!

Offset dots all to the bass side as an option, or optionally swap the high registers to the treble side.

Maybe another neck shape? I don't care what it is. It's been at least 25 years with the same 7. How 'bout some new blood?
This is the only area that I see room for improvement, though that's not the right word. A few more options, based on what people ask for most would be a great thing.

I'd like a .95ish boatneck for example. Or a .95ish fatback.

Yep! It was a Strat, rear routed, HSS, 510. I forgot to take a screenshot as they were going fast!
If i remember correctly there were only two or so of those HSS strat rear mounted for the 510. Did you end up getting the second one that was available after I bought the nicer example? was your total around $920?

If i remember correctly there were only two or so of those HSS strat rear mounted for the 510. Did you end up getting the second one that was available after I bought the nicer example? was your total around $920?
Yes. That is the one. I really wanted the FR Soloist but they were gone immediately.

I'm working on stuff like this. Recently I created and added diagrams for a bunch of electronics, such as the brand-new SLP2 low-profile virtually-noiseless toggle everybody should buy, the other 3-way toggles, the standard 250k & 500k pots, the stacked/concentric pot, and the push-push ones. Gimme some time to cook.
@Rick the vast majority of bridge diagrams are done and live on the website. There may be some minor adjustments here and there, but I suspect they'll serve most purposes as-is.

Back