Meanwhile, at Warmoth.....SNOW DAY!!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
A big snow storm his Western Washington last night, and Warmoth is running a skeleton crew today. I got about 8 inches at my house. FYI, for all the mid-westerners scoffing at our meager snowfall: Western Washington is very hilly, and the street are almost never flat or straight. Lotsa curves and corners, lotsa ups and downs. Doesn't usually take more than a few inches of snow to shut things down. Here is the view from my "office" today:

16463319_10155857345253289_1413718567419586067_o.jpg

Living on the edge of the ice belt, we're quite used to people who are used to 10 ft of dry powder crisp fluff mocking us. We're also used to seeing their 4wd vehicles in the ditch when they realize that driving on ice is a different ball game all together.  I feel your pain. Enjoy!

Dang. I'm in SoCal and never seen snow like that outisde a Thomas Kinkade ("Painter of Light"™, doncha know) painting. :tard:

Stay warm!

<activate german accent>

Your wimpy snow is so girly.  Only girly men stay home with such a wimpy amount of girly snow.

<german accent off>

That's impressive snow and a cool (pun) pic. I'll bet you could go down those stairs pretty quick if you weren't careful.

Hopefully this inspires a 'Snowblind' build from someone!

You're sure that's not the view from the Warmoth swedish branch office? It looks very much alike ...

Mayfly said:
<activate german accent>

Your wimpy snow is so girly.  Only girly men stay home with such a wimpy amount of girly snow.

<german accent off>

Hehe! Yeah, nice fluff. I imagine that looks like golfing weather to you. Put on some shorts and a t-shirt to keep from getting a chill while you dust that stuff off so you can have a barbecue. Maybe wash the car, as long as it's warm enough to snow.

Lots of us here in Western Washington are "working from home" because of the snow. A bunch of it is to protect ourselves from people that are driving impaired when it is frosty or snowy.

In case anyone hasn't seen what happens to Seattle with even a little bit of snow...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZCyQ3emQg[/youtube]

Glimmer said:
Dang. I'm in SoCal and never seen snow like that outisde a Thomas Kinkade ("Painter of Light"™, doncha know) painting. :tard:

Stay warm!

I live in SoCal now.  Our rain days are other's snow days haha.

Cagey said:
Mayfly said:
<activate german accent>

<german accent off>

Hehe! Yeah, nice fluff. I imagine that looks like golfing weather to you. Put on some shorts and a t-shirt to keep from getting a chill while you dust that stuff off so you can have a barbecue. Maybe wash the car, as long as it's warm enough to snow.

Yep.  I realize that I should have added "Your pathetic girly-snow sickens me"  :)

Makes for a perfect day to fire up PRO-TOOLS & get some work done now that there's no traffic & no kids running around outside making noise.
My microphones are very happy.

Listen, I'd love to empathize, but I'm in Chicago.  It's 55 degrees out.  I don't think it's going to last long, but still...  We've had rain this winter, not snow.  Weird.

Gee - that's almost as much snow as they got in the Sahara Desert this weekend.... (I'm not lying)

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Makes for a perfect day to fire up PRO-TOOLS & get some work done now that there's no traffic & no kids running around outside making noise.
My microphones are very happy.

Snow is an excellent sound absorber.  We still have cars and kids running around (and snow plows too!) but it's a lot quieter out there with a blanket or two on top of everything.  The fresher the better!

I'm with Glimmer. I live in Australia, and at 7:50 AM it is 27.2° Celcius, or 81° Farhenheit, with 74% humidity. What a way to wake-up.

Also, I've only ever seen snow once in my life and that was on a school trip to Australia's "snow fields" about 18 hours non-stop from where I live. Though I wouldn't move from where I live now.

Snow is awful stuff though, Axkoa. Lovely from inside in bed or if you're out skiing/boarding/snowshoeing, but city snow is repulsive. Turns to grey slush in a heartbeat and the salt ruins everything. Give me 27 °C at midnight any day.

T89Rex said:
Snow is awful stuff though, Axkoa. Lovely from inside in bed or if you're out skiing/boarding/snowshoeing, but city snow is repulsive. Turns to grey slush in a heartbeat and the salt ruins everything. Give me 27 °C at midnight any day.

Exactly, I've heard all the bad stuff about snow and I definitely do not want to move to somewhere the gets snow often.

Another place I wouldn't want to live is South East Asian, the humidity is killer.

I live in the midwest and I wouldn't scoff at that at all.  I'm a public works employee who is on call for snowplowing all winter.  I've only been called out twice this year, and only four times the year before.  I was patching potholes today in awesome 55 degree weather.

Here's what a proper amount of snow looks like:

index.php

and of course it does not prevent manley men from firing up the grill...

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_3519.JPG
    IMG_3519.JPG
    676.5 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_3521.JPG
    IMG_3521.JPG
    542.2 KB · Views: 299
Back