Meanwhile, at Warmoth.....SNOW DAY!!

I agree, this isn't much snow, but because we get amounts like this so infrequently, we're not prepared for it.

Last time it snowed like this to produce this much snow in a 24 hour period, it was referred to as "Snowpacolypse" largely in part that once the snow storms had pass, freezing rain ensued, which weight down lots and lots of trees, even burst some trees from the inside out.

That was back in 2010.

Mayfly said:
....and of course it does not prevent manley men from firing up the grill...
It's been pretty mild in my little corner of New York this year, but I grill all year long regardless. If I can get to the gill, it's Bar-B-Que for dinner!

BTW, cute kids!

I remember building snow forts like that back in the '60s, when, according to a consensus of Very Smart People, the world was going to end due to Global Cooling and an impending ice age. Soon. We were having record snowfalls and low temps for several years there.

Then, things gradually warmed up a bit over a couple decades until the '90s when a consensus of Very Smart People discovered that the world was going to end due to Global Warming. Real soon now. Naturally, it's because we've been trying to keep warm and mobile in the past. Better stop that!

Then, you'll never guess what happened. Things evened out for a couple decades until the early '10s,  when a consensus of Very Smart People discovered that the world was going to end due to - wait for it - Climate Change. I know. Surprise!

I think there are some Very Smart People who desperately need another hobby.

Wait...the world is ending? Again?

Alls I know is that I'm back at work today, and things are humming along at Warmoth as per usual. Ah...the smells of freshly sanded alder and maple!

Things are going to be OK!

double A said:

But, of course! What kind of world would it be without an end of world scenario?

Besides, with the latest apocalyptic prediction, they've finally figured out a way they may be able to tax the air. Of course, it won't by their fault - it's that dreaded precursor to all life as we know it: CARBON! It's everywhere, and it's killing us!

cH83XXg.gif

BigSteve22 said:
Cagey said:
I think there are some Very Smart People who desperately need another hobby.
Damned straight!  :doh:

Yep.  The world is a pretty complex little thermodynamic system.  And it's not even a closed system!  Any attempt to figure it out, even if you're Very Smart, is gonna be, uh, challenging.  :)

double A said:

Alls I know is that I'm back at work today, and things are humming along at Warmoth as per usual. Ah...the smells of freshly sanded alder and maple!

Things are going to be OK!

Sounds like a "World Ending" or "Humanity is going out of Business" sale in the making.
All Showcase Bodies & Necks 70% off, while the world lasts...

I lived in Seattle for 4 yrs, not neary a snowflake, rained a lot tho...I hate the cold anyway...

80* here today in Feb...Texas FTW... :headbanging:

40 degrees here in Monroe already today, supposed to go to 60. Tomorrow, however, has everyone and their mother running around like headless chickens, forecast is for 6"-10" of the white stuff. I'm actually on vacation from work this week, so as my grandmother would say: macht nichts. At least to me!  :laughing7:

Snow day for my wife! I'm still on vacation, so its "Shovel Day" for me.......
RVAsw4c.jpg

I'm guessing no B-B-Q for dinner tonight.

I want summer to finally finish here. On Sunday it's supposed to get to 42°Celsius, or 107° Farhenheit. Humidity of 38%. Can't wait!  :help:

Axkoa said:
I want summer to finally finish here. On Sunday it's supposed to get to 42°Celsius, or 107° Farhenheit. Humidity of 38%. Can't wait!  :help:

Summer? Do your toilets flush backwards too?!

Mayfly said:
oh come on!  you could easily shovel that out!  :headbang:
I could, if I didn't just spend 2-1/2 hours shoveling out the driveway! Gett'n old and weak......  :tard:

weezingthejuicebodhi said:
Axkoa said:

Summer? Do your toilets flush backwards too?!

Indeed they do! So do our Cyclones and Tornadoes.

Back