This week at Warmoth

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Master Member
We go hit with the coldest tempuratures since 1976.  We get a little dusting of snow every year, but it usually doesn't stick.  This year, it stuck.
Here's a shot leaving my driveway on Thursday the 18th.
DSC01088.jpg

There's the freeway, aint going that way today.
DSC01089.jpg

We're going this way instead
DSC01090.jpg

Still goin down the road
DSC01091.jpg

There's wifey in the other seat, Hi Wifey!!!
DSC01092.jpg

There's one of me in the driving seat. "Hi Mr. Squirrel", said Wifey.
DSC01093.jpg

Wifey took this shot of a church covered in snow
DSC01094.jpg

Finally pulling up to work (Warmoth)
DSC01095.jpg

A'nuthern from the front of the building
DSC01100.jpg

Another shot looking at the driveway.
DSC01099.jpg

Checking the mail for mailed in orders, and supermarket coupons.
DSC01098.jpg

Wifey taking a pic of me before she goes bye bye.
DSC01097.jpg

Bye Bye Wifey
DSC01085.jpg

Thaw out a bit in the Showcase Necks area
DSC01102.jpg

Stop by the unpainted bodies section of the showcase, yup, all is well here.
DSC01103.jpg

Pass by the shipping area, wow, what's this!?!
DSC01104.jpg

Flip her over to see the backside
DSC01105.jpg

Later the same day, fetch our Security Staff to take them out for a "Yellow" Snow break.
DSC01108.jpg

One has her own special place, this one stays close
DSC01107.jpg

While I'm out, check out the back of the yard, make sure there's no shekanery a happenin
DSC01112.jpg

Chuck a few rocks at the wetlands/pond next to the driveway aside 112th Street, Oh wait, the rocks bounce, it's a frozen solid.
DSC01111.jpg

Now I work my way back to the office, Security Detail close behind my behind.
DSC01101.jpg

A 'nuther nice body, this one's a VIP.
DSC01106.jpg

Cool, I figured Warmoth to be much bigger than that.  :icon_scratch: Maybe cause I'm used to our facility, over a million and a half square feet. But then again things are bigger down here...... :laughing7:

And the whole time I lived in WA. it never freakin' snowed...Least not up Seattle way...

Temperature here is supposed to drop 60 degrees in the next 18 hours. That's just too abrupt a change for me.

And that Explorer is seriously fine!

Three cheers for Massachusetts, one foot of snow and counting! Still coming down nicely here.

Thanks for the updates Tony, these little peeks into the shop are really great  :hello2:

DangerousR6 said:
Cool, I figured Warmoth to be much bigger than that.  :icon_scratch: Maybe cause I'm used to our facility, over a million and a half square feet. But then again things are bigger down here...... :laughing7:

I was bored one day and pulled up the satellite view on Google Maps. It looks even smaller from outer space.

:glasses10:

Had my first real NY snow today after 6 yrs in LA -  this stuff sucks! It dumped for a while then changed to a nice even blend of sleet, hail, and snow. Stepped in a huge slushy puddle past my ankles crossing the street. I will say I prefer the West coast for weather.

Weather's normally kinda nice around here. (North Carolina)
There are periods where it's not great (rain, drought, hot, cold) but it evens out.

I like the cold... you put a leather jacket and a pair of gloves and it's done... the pain is to try to avoid the 40°C... you are naked in your bed, with air conditionair AND fan on you and it's still hot... DAMN!

We have had biblical rain and some moderate flooding here today.  One of my gutters backed up and gave me a nice drippy suprise on my windowsill with water streaming down the wall.  Yeehaw some more drywall to patch even better when you have to match texture.  Penna it snows for a few days and then with the torrental rain.  I gotta go I see the boat pulling up and the neighbors are getting on two by two.....

I lived in NC for a winter (Raleigh) and I was amazed at how EVERYTHING shuts down at the first sign of a glaze... With all the transplants in the RDU area from western Penna you would think people know how to drive down there, but alas, that isn't the case.  I worked at a ski shop of all places in Raleigh and I was amazed at how many times I got called off work because of a little freezing rain.  I didn't care when they would call me off, I would just trek up to Wintergreen VA or to Snowshoe WV to make some turns, I'm not scared of a little frozen water.  Sometimes it pays to have an old beater winter truck that you don't mind sliding off the road a couple of times.  Heck once I got called off the day before a 3 day weekend and I made the 8 hour trip back home to make some turns with my dad here in PA.  I drove through one of the worst ice storms I ever saw and the further north I travelled, the more it turned into snow.  When we made it up to the mountain, we were greeted with over a foot of freshies which for Penna is a miracle.....Ahhhh now I gotta go wax my skis and my snowboard all this talk of making turns and freshies might as well go ski in the rain tomorrow, it is less crowded in the rain and super sloppy big air day (it doesn't hurt as much to crash in the slush as it does on the hardpack)  Sorry again for the rant, I was a ski and snowboard instructor for 6 winters kinda hard to get it out of my blood....

Damn this global warming - gonna have to put another log on the fire!

(As far as I'm concerned, Al Gore invented Global Warming - just like he invented himself inventing the internet)

(And no, it's not cold where I am... nice 41 degrees at about 1:30AM)

Thanks for the Warmoth tour.  I thought the place would have been bigger too.

Kind of a sidenote.  What happens to all of the goof-ups?  I would assume a bad burst or dye becomes a prime candidate for solid color showcase body.  I've seen stories and the occasional Gibson on ebay that has been quartered and thrown away by Gibson only to be dumpster-dived and rebuilt.  Are they destroyed or turned into something else?

What´s the top wood on the VIP? doesn´t look like the ordinary thin-lined flamed-maple..? Sure is pretty

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Thanks for the Warmoth tour.  I thought the place would have been bigger too.

Kind of a sidenote.  What happens to all of the goof-ups?  I would assume a bad burst or dye becomes a prime candidate for solid color showcase body.   I've seen stories and the occasional Gibson on ebay that has been quartered and thrown away by Gibson only to be dumpster-dived and rebuilt.  Are they destroyed or turned into something else?

If it doesn't pass QC, it meets the Chipper.  No dumpster diving at Warmoth would be fruitful.  Big Red isn't gonna let something out the door with his name on it that doesn't meet his quality standards.

I can see that with badly warped necks, but bodies with a chip out of them? You guys should shave off the logo and donate them to an African rocknroll charity. Seriously, the thought of throwing ebony or Pao Ferro in the wood chipper isn't cool.

Back