Meanwhile, at Warmoth....

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Today I'm sitting on the floor of my office here at Warmoth perusing swatches of pickguard material, to possibly augment our online pickguard offerings. There are literally hundreds of different materials and patterns available.

Any suggestions? Anything you've seen somewhere that you would love Warmoth to offer?

I'm loving the sparkly Gretsch-type material in this photo. Do you think we would sell enough to make it worth our while?

Attachments

• IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    489.6 KB · Views: 480
Black and silver paisley. Its absolutely stunning on a black strat body.

Attachments

• New Guitar.gif
    New Guitar.gif
    222.7 KB · Views: 403
Transparent tortoise. Maybe some nitro guards. I know it's pricey but I think it's a high-end compliment to a quality Warmoth product.

:redflag: Bring back the brown shell (-not pearl)!!! I WILL buy at least one (-dozen... just kidding, but seriously, that stuff was cool).

Paua Shell & brushed aluminum (gold & silver).

Attachments

• Paua-laminated.jpg
    Paua-laminated.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 562
  • 3564-PG-F-S-D-ST_LRG1.jpg
    3564-PG-F-S-D-ST_LRG1.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 1373821351333.jpg
    1373821351333.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 483
musicispeace said:
Black and silver paisley. Its absolutely stunning on a black strat body.

I happen to have a relic'd version of that very same design sitting on the rack at the moment...  :icon_biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_2915_Sm.JPG
    IMG_2915_Sm.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 476
double A said:
I'm loving the sparkly Gretsch-type material in this photo. Do you think we would sell enough to make it worth our while?

You wouldn't sell any to me. But, I'm an old curmudgeon.

I like the black paisley! Does this thread mean we are going to get to see the awesome ongoing of Warmoth from time to time?!?

Surf n Music said:
I like the black paisley! Does this thread mean we are going to get to see the awesome ongoing of Warmoth from time to time?!?

I can neither confirm nor deny.

But yes.

Awesome!! I love theses posts. If a transparent neon orange tele destined for me floats by ya and catches your eye feel free to snap a pic haha or any other awesomeness for that mater! Great work double A tell your boss I said you deserve a raise  :laughing7:

ATAN2 said:
Mirror pickguards and different color mirrors?

Or am I the only one who likes those?

Doc could put one on his Steve Harris P-bass!  :icon_jokercolor:

I think offering a good range of Gretsch pickguard material is a good idea.  They will work well with both flat surface and carved top guitars.

http://www.quickguards.com/index.php?shop_gretsch

For me, anything in between solid colors and pearl. Sometimes basic black or white is too plain, but you don't want too much going on either.

I'd like to see tortoise with less red in it. The anaconda has too light a tan and the black streaking in it is a little drab. Also, the pattern is repetitious. Somewhere halfway between the two and more flowing like the tortoise.

Yes.

Patterns that are too tight look repetitive and too obviously computer generated, and therefore tacky. 

Pearloid, Tortoise, and Paisley are all awesome, but as someone pointed out, a transparent tortoise on an electric (but in an acoustic sort of way) can look really cool.

If you want some really good feedback, make this a subject of one of this year's Warmoth social media give-aways - you could give away a LOT of pickguards to a LOT of people (like me), it wouldn't be expensive for Warmoth at all, and you would be able to gather a lot or relevant consumer preference data....

Oh, and have a look at some of the offerings from Greasy Groove - and how well this piece mates with this Tele body:

Attachments

• IMG_2282.JPG
    IMG_2282.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 421
I think basic plain colors like red, blue, yellow, green, orange etc etc would be cool additions!

Pickguard-a16-Blue-Clearcoat.png

a16e6e.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

ATAN2 said:
Mirror pickguards and different color mirrors?

Or am I the only one who likes those?

Nope, I think those look awesome!

HPIM0031.jpg

1367264421154399591613.jpeg

zebra said:
Oh, and have a look at some of the offerings from Greasy Groove - and how well this piece mates with this Tele body:
That really does look nice. Maybe a couple different tortoise choices, then.

Back